News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Overall craziest golf course real estate
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2022, 03:44:43 PM »
Menlo CC isn't really in this conversation.  Menlo Circus Club, in Atherton, would be.

Menlo CC is on the wrong side of the freeway (280) from the wealthy part of Woodside.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2022, 05:57:57 PM »
I'd think the property Olympic Club occupies would have to be extremely valuable

A separate question, but I can’t fathom the property approaching LACC in the value of its land.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2022, 06:21:36 PM »
I'd think the property Olympic Club occupies would have to be extremely valuable

A separate question, but I can’t fathom the property approaching LACC in the value of its land.

Matt,

If we're including value of the land the course sits on, can't imagine anything being worth more than Pebble with nearly 2 miles of coastal lots (assuming it could built on).  That alone would likely dwarf anything else, much less the value of the other acreage it covers.

David Kelly

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2022, 06:43:26 PM »
Would Fishers Island be considered a neighborhood?

Otherwise I've always thought a house around Pasatiempo would be nice.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

archie_struthers

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2022, 06:48:28 PM »
 8) ???

Not Cali , but the Jupiter Island real estate in Florida has to be in the stratosphere

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2022, 06:50:17 PM »

Otherwise I've always thought a house around Pasatiempo would be nice.

What about your bushes?

Steve Lapper

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2022, 07:09:31 PM »

Matt,

If we're including value of the land the course sits on, can't imagine anything being worth more than Pebble with nearly 2 miles of coastal lots (assuming it could built on).  That alone would likely dwarf anything else, much less the value of the other acreage it covers.

Guys,

Pebble, especially with the severe limitations currently placed on it by the California Coastal Commission isn't worth that much as a pure land bank. Same goes for Olympic or La Jolla.

No way you could build anything more than 5-8 (if any at all) homes from #4-11. Even if you could build some on #12-#17, it would pale in comparison to the number of $75-150MM homes that could be built on LACC South or North alone!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Ira Fishman

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2022, 07:46:39 PM »
I remember well a few years ago when the gentleman carrying for us at Brora pointed out his house as we played 17. He was a member. When we asked him to join us for lunch and a beer (or two), he said living within walking distance had several benefits given the Scottish zero tolerance laws. That strikes me as a difficult place to beat for living regardless of property values. Plus the view is spectacular.

Ira

John McCarthy

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2022, 07:33:27 PM »
I like the homes around Riviera. Very understated compared to what are around LACC & Bel-Air. If you wanted to actually live there I think that would be the best

The homes bordering The Ocean Course at Kiawah are tremendous and what about Golf House Road in Ardmore!

One of the coolest single homes I've seen is just to the right of the 11th green at Cuscowilla.

Ever since I was a boy I always loved Riviera on TV. It was always one of the winter highlights and I used to break out the clubs, clean my grips and otherwise rifle through my bag. I might not get to play for months, but Riviera was always the start of the golf season.

I have been fascinated by the homes all this time. And with online real estate, I can check the prices.

The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Gene Greco

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2022, 10:35:44 PM »
The Everglades Club rivals all which have been mentioned in terms of property value of the golf course. Prices for surrounding homes are in the stratosphere as well.
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2022, 11:30:27 PM »
The Everglades Club rivals all which have been mentioned in terms of property value of the golf course. Prices for surrounding homes are in the stratosphere as well.

Good call. $30-$80M for the courses on Island Drive.  :o

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2022, 05:11:53 AM »
In the north east Weston Golf Club has some of the biggest and most incredible  houses I’ve ever seen. Meadowbrook Road is the real deal outside Boston.

Tim Martin

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2022, 07:57:57 AM »
In the north east Weston Golf Club has some of the biggest and most incredible  houses I’ve ever seen. Meadowbrook Road is the real deal outside Boston.

Jaeger-The houses on the perimeter at Weston GC are eye popping for sure. There are a couple on the par five 6th hole that are engineering marvels with homes in various states of construction built into the hillside. “Mammoth”would be an understatement to describe the scale of these residential properties.

David Kelly

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2022, 08:13:31 PM »

Ever since I was a boy I always loved Riviera on TV. It was always one of the winter highlights and I used to break out the clubs, clean my grips and otherwise rifle through my bag. I might not get to play for months, but Riviera was always the start of the golf season.

I have been fascinated by the homes all this time. And with online real estate, I can check the prices.

I was playing Riviera once and hit a huge left-handed slice off the tee on #12 which I figured was way OB but got the safe signal from the caddie standing in the fairway.  When I got to my ball I asked him how it managed to land in the left rough and he said, "Well it hit off of Mel Brooks' house, bounced into Julie Andrews backyard and rolled out to here."
When I told that story to Bob Huntley years later he said that if I had been a bigger hitter I would have bounced off of Julie Andrews house and landed in his old backyard as he used to live next to her in the 70s.

BTW, Richard Kayne's (owner of Tara Iti)  house next to the 7th tee at Riviera is the most insane property on the course.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back