News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Cronan

Re: Fewer Than 100 Acres
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2023, 07:30:33 AM »
I'm not smart enough to figure out Google Earth but can somebody check on Lexington Country Club in Lexington, KY? It has always struck me as being a very small piece of land set in the heart of Horse Country.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2023, 01:25:13 PM »
I'm not smart enough to figure out Google Earth but can somebody check on Lexington Country Club in Lexington, KY? It has always struck me as being a very small piece of land set in the heart of Horse Country.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0u9Rw8v - Looks like about 132 acres. If I drew the lines in the right places. I cut off the clubhouse, etc.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2023, 01:27:10 PM »
I think the Everglades Club is well under 100 acres.

Good call Mike,

I get 82 acres and this includes the club house, maintenance area & parking, and all the big ponds internal to the course. 

Factoring those out its less than 70 acres of actual golf course...

Kalen Braley

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2023, 01:49:34 PM »
Rolling Road GC, Catonsville MD, 1919 Willie Park Jr, 100 acres 6174 yard par 70.

Yes! (and I think it is well under 100 acres).

Another good pick.

89 acres total, (about 83 if you subtract the clubhouse, pool, parking, etc.)

P.S.  Of all the courses I've seen so far, this one looks to have the most amount of room in between holes, for such a small footprint.

David Cronan

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2023, 08:21:18 PM »

https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0u9Rw8v - Looks like about 132 acres. If I drew the lines in the right places. I cut off the clubhouse, etc.

Many thanks, Eric.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back