News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

MCirba

Re: New courses for me in 2022 were awesome. How about you?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2022, 04:14:09 PM »
Tommy,

The conditioning and presentation of Franklin Hills is OUTSTANDING, completely agreed.   The course was even better than my high expectations.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Matt Wharton

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 08:50:53 AM »

Goat Hill Park GC
The Grand GC
Aiken GC
Lonnie Poole GC
St. Joseph Bay GC
Charlotte National GC
Royal Dornoch - Struie
Golspie GC
Castle Stuart
Rocky River GC

Goat Hill Park has an incredible laid-back vibe and the greens were so pure. Aiken was an absolute gem I can't wait to experience again, played it back in Feb with hickories. Played Struie with hickories too, simply awesome. Had only played the first 9 at Castle Stuart so was good to experience the entire course this time around, phenomenal golf experience. But Golspie was by far and away my favorite of all new courses played. Vastly exceeded my expectations and I cannot wait to play it again.
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

James Reader

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 11:06:32 AM »
My new courses spanned the range from among the best in the world to the most rudimentary.  All yielded worthwhile experiences but the hilight was the tour associated with BUDA that Mayhugh organized but could not attend:

San Diego Country Club – great setting, fantastically difficult greens.  Tree removal makes this course worth a re-visit for those who have not been there in awhile.
The Lights at Indio – rudimentary par three course.  I primarily used its practice range.  Saw Mac O”Grady hitting balls one evening and enjoyed the league groups headed out in the evening.  .
Gallery North -Tucson – beautiful target golf
Bulrush, MN – convoluted course with ugly humps and some very tight tree tunnels.  Routing only made sense when one realized that the clubhouse has not been built.  When it is it will make more sense.
Lac La Belle (WI)– stretches the concept of lumpy greens to the limit.  Pretty penal on a day when I had lost my golf swing.  For that reason, I would like to see it again with a better game.
Rochester G&CC (MN) –had played before removal of thousands of trees.  Pretty severe site with some quite interesting golf holes.
Gentle Creek (TX) – visited Lou Duran and Greg Clark on way to F1 Race in Austin.  Great conditioned course with plenty of interest but not the best visuals.  Finisher is memorable – not sure it is in a good way.
Hollinwell – very pleasant 9 hole course used by Cambridge golf team.  Perfect first course off the plane.  Plenty of interest an plenty of room for wayward shots.  Tough greens.
Brancaster – some goofy golf near the turn but one of the more memorable locations for a golf course I have ever visited.  I have never had to wait for the tide to go out before I could leave a golf course.
Woodhall Spa –feels a bit like visiting a stern protestant church.  Every shot is imminently playable but the punishment for sin is severe.  Hole variation and great green complexes make this an enjoyable test.  Second 18 plays like an average at best US parkland course.
West Essex – had a great day playing Tony’s course.  Front nine is a bit cramped on a hillside with a wonderful par five near the end.  Back is more expansive with some rather unique hazards that look like they came from a committee.
The Addington – in the midst of a multiyear renovation project.  Has some of the goofiest holes I have ever experienced, some of which I was surprised to see lauded by James Finegan.  I would like to see the finished product.
Sunningdale Old and New – the old course exemplifies almost perfect golf.  The holes appear as they should appear, the property is beautiful and the routing makes great use of two ridges.  New course is also wonderful but on a bit less interesting land than the old and therefor only suffers a bit in comparison.

Jason, I think you may be confusing Hollinwell and Royal Worlington.  Hopefully that’s because you managed to play them both.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:12:05 PM by James Reader »

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2022, 11:46:22 AM »
My new courses spanned the range from among the best in the world to the most rudimentary.  All yielded worthwhile experiences but the hilight was the tour associated with BUDA that Mayhugh organized but could not attend:

San Diego Country Club – great setting, fantastically difficult greens.  Tree removal makes this course worth a re-visit for those who have not been there in awhile.
The Lights at Indio – rudimentary par three course.  I primarily used its practice range.  Saw Mac O”Grady hitting balls one evening and enjoyed the league groups headed out in the evening.  .
Bulrush, MN – convoluted course with ugly humps and some very tight tree tunnels.  Routing only made sense when one realized that the clubhouse has not been built.  When it is it will make more sense.
Lac La Belle (WI)– stretches the concept of lumpy greens to the limit.  Pretty penal on a day when I had lost my golf swing.  For that reason, I would like to see it again with a better game.
Rochester G&CC (MN) –had played before removal of thousands of trees.  Pretty severe site with some quite interesting golf holes.
Gentle Creek (TX) – visited Lou Duran and Greg Clark on way to F1 Race in Austin.  Great conditioned course with plenty of interest but not the best visuals.  Finisher is memorable – not sure it is in a good way.
Hollinwell – very pleasant 9 hole course used by Cambridge golf team.  Perfect first course off the plane.  Plenty of interest an plenty of room for wayward shots.  Tough greens.
Brancaster – some goofy golf near the turn but one of the more memorable locations for a golf course I have ever visited.  I have never had to wait for the tide to go out before I could leave a golf course.
Woodhall Spa –feels a bit like visiting a stern protestant church.  Every shot is imminently playable but the punishment for sin is severe.  Hole variation and great green complexes make this an enjoyable test.  Second 18 plays like an average at best US parkland course.
West Essex – had a great day playing Tony’s course.  Front nine is a bit cramped on a hillside with a wonderful par five near the end.  Back is more expansive with some rather unique hazards that look like they came from a committee.
The Addington – in the midst of a multiyear renovation project.  Has some of the goofiest holes I have ever experienced, some of which I was surprised to see lauded by James Finegan.  I would like to see the finished product.
Sunningdale Old and New – the old course exemplifies almost perfect golf.  The holes appear as they should appear, the property is beautiful and the routing makes great use of two ridges.  New course is also wonderful but on a bit less interesting land than the old and therefor only suffers a bit in comparison.

Jason, I think you may be confusing Hollinwell and Royal Worlington.  Hopefully that’s because you managed to play them both.

Yes Royal Worlington & Newmarket aka Mildenhall aka The Sacred 9.  But then people tend to be  confused after playing West Essex!
Let's make GCA grate again!

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2022, 11:50:37 AM »
I didn't get a chance to play many new courses this year, but one that I've been very pleasantly surprised about is Fox Creek in Smyrna, Georgia.

An 18 hole executive course; 7 par 4's, 11 par 3's; that has the feel of being something like a baby East Lake. A rectangular shaped property defined by a pond that bisects the land into 2 halves. The pond acts as the low point on the property, with all the land falling from the two furthest boundaries towards the pond. This creates a nice variety of uphill and downhill holes that play through corridors of tall pines.  The par 4's vary from 265-400 yards, and the par 3's vary from 100 yards up to 175 yards. For me, the real shining feature of the course are the greens, which are downright tiny. All but one green on the property are 3,000 sqft or smaller.

For an executive course, the combination of the constant elevation changes and the small greens creates a perfect recipe. The course is quick and easy to play for the average player, but if you're looking to go low you better be precise or you'll be scrambling all day long.

Behind the 305 yard par 4, 9th

From the tee on the 150 yard par 3, 10th

From the tee on the tiny 100 yard par 3, 12th, with the par 3 5th green behind

Behind the tee on the 325 yard par 4, 16th

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2022, 12:12:53 PM »

That ↓ sounds really appealing. Thanks for bringing it up!

I didn't get a chance to play many new courses this year, but one that I've been very pleasantly surprised about is Fox Creek in Smyrna, Georgia.

An 18 hole executive course; 7 par 4's, 11 par 3's; that has the feel of being something like a baby East Lake. A rectangular shaped property defined by a pond that bisects the land into 2 halves. The pond acts as the low point on the property, with all the land falling from the two furthest boundaries towards the pond. This creates a nice variety of uphill and downhill holes that play through corridors of tall pines.  The par 4's vary from 265-400 yards, and the par 3's vary from 100 yards up to 175 yards. For me, the real shining feature of the course are the greens, which are downright tiny. All but one green on the property are 3,000 sqft or smaller.

For an executive course, the combination of the constant elevation changes and the small greens creates a perfect recipe. The course is quick and easy to play for the average player, but if you're looking to go low you better be precise or you'll be scrambling all day long.

Behind the 305 yard par 4, 9th

From the tee on the 150 yard par 3, 10th

From the tee on the tiny 100 yard par 3, 12th, with the par 3 5th green behind

Behind the tee on the 325 yard par 4, 16th
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Ian Andrew

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2022, 12:21:20 PM »
New Courses Played: 0
New Courses Walked: 0

Courses played: 2
Rounds played: 5

I think most architects have a similar story from 2022
Never experienced anything like 2022 in 30+ years
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 01:38:42 PM by Ian Andrew »
-

Jeff Schley

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2022, 12:55:02 PM »
Terrible year in terms of number of new courses certainly in comparison to everyone else posting.
  • Sunset Ridge in Northfield, Ill. - I really enjoyed this layout, green fronts are open and greens themselves were excellent shape.  Thumbs up there. Very flat and an easy walk.
  • Crystal Downs in Michigan - What can I say other than it is one of my top 10 courses, very fast greens where you don't want to be above the hole.
  • Cimarron Hills in Georgetown, TX - Nicklaus course in a golf community. Condition was excellent, however some green shapes were odd and a couple of over the top water features.
That is it, but love reading others write ups.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2022, 01:33:57 PM »

Let's try this again...
Went to Ireland/No. Ireland and played the following for the first time:
Royal County Down
Royal Portrush
Portstewart
The Island
St. Patrick’s Links
Rossapenna – Old Tom Morris
Rossapenna – Sandy Links
Ardglass

In the states:
Meadow Club (only took 25 years to get here!)
Huntington Valley CC (only took 53 years to get here!)
Orinda CC
Pine Tree CC
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 02:55:13 PM by Wayne Wiggins, Jr. »

mike_malone

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
Went to Ireland/No. Ireland and played the following for the first time:
Royal County Down
Royal PortrushPortstewartThe IslandSt. Patrick’s LinksRossapenna – Old Tom MorrisRossapenna – Sandy LinksArdglassIn the states:Meadow Club (only took 25 years to get here!)Huntington Valley CC (only took 53 years to get here!)Orinda CCPine Tree CC

Wayne,
If only one course not a bad one.
AKA Mayday

Matt Wharton

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2022, 03:53:50 PM »

Goat Hill Park GC
The Grand GC
Aiken GC
Lonnie Poole GC
St. Joseph Bay GC
Charlotte National GC
Royal Dornoch - Struie
Golspie GC
Castle Stuart
Rocky River GC

Goat Hill Park has an incredible laid-back vibe and the greens were so pure. Aiken was an absolute gem I can't wait to experience again, played it back in Feb with hickories. Played Struie with hickories too, simply awesome. Had only played the first 9 at Castle Stuart so was good to experience the entire course this time around, phenomenal golf experience. But Golspie was by far and away my favorite of all new courses played. Vastly exceeded my expectations and I cannot wait to play it again.

I can't believe I left Lexington GC in Lexington, NC off the list! Played it twice earlier this year, both times with hickories and it is a real treat. If it were 20 minutes closer to my house they would have a difficult time keeping me away. My apologies to golf course superintendent Karl Trost and his small, yet mighty team because they do a phenomenal job.
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2022, 11:25:19 PM »
Not too many, but some very good ones. Annandale, Trinity Forest, Big Canyon, Diablo, San Luis Obispo, Menlo.

Jason Topp

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2022, 01:34:44 AM »

Yes Royal Worlington & Newmarket aka Mildenhall aka The Sacred 9.  But then people tend to be  confused after playing West Essex!

I knew I should have double checked!

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2022, 02:19:03 PM »
I played fewer new courses in 2022 than any year in recent memory. However, the quality of the courses I played in Aberdeen and the Highlands more than made up for the small quantity. I wish I had made that trip long ago.

Royal Aberdeen
Cruden Bay
Fraserburgh
Castle Stuart
Royal Dornoch
Brora
Golspie
Nairn

Now living in Florida, I played a few new ones down here.

CC of Florida
Pelican Club
LPGA National, Rees Jones and Arthur Hills Courses
Kissimmee Bay
USF- The Claw
Deer Creek Executive course

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2022, 11:32:54 PM »
Been simply an amazing year.  Have played a total of 162 courses (2818 holes) during the year of which fully 138 courses (2405 holes) were played for the first time by me.  Not bad considering I recently turned 78.  Hoping to slow down in 2023.  Here are the 138:

Camden CC--SC (17 holes)
Berkeley Hall Club (North)--SC
Moss Creek Resort (South)--SC
Squire Creek CC--LA
CC of Jackson--MS
Laurel CC--MS
Hattiesburg--MS
Lakewood Club (Dogwood)--AL
Lakewood Club (Azalea)--AL
Hickory Hill--MS
Isle Dauphine--AL
Hills of Lakeway--TX
Indian Hills--AL
Lakewood-LA
Carmel--NC
Ocala Nat'l--FL
CC of Orlando--FL
Rio Pinar--FL
Fiddlesticks (Long Mean)--FL
Cypress Lake--FL
Coral Creek--FL
Saints Golf Course-FL
Trident (Sinners)-FL
Athens CC-GA
Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards-SC
Cherokee T&C (North)--GA
The Grove XXIII-FL
High Ridge--FL
Coral Ridge--FL
The Floridian-FL
CC of Florida
Orchid island--FL
Windsor Club--FL (9 holes)
Sedgefield CC-NC
Rawls at Texas Tech--TX
Greensboro CC (Farm)--NC
Annandale--CA
Soboda Springs--CA
Rams Hill--CA
Singing Hills (Oak Glen)-CA
Hacienda--CA
Yorba Linda--CA
Wilmington CC (North)--DE
Bidermann--DE

that is the first 44 first time played...and brings me thru 5/5/22.  More in next post.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 10:07:57 PM by Paul Rudovsky »

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2022, 12:12:14 AM »
will post rest on Friday...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 12:38:08 AM by Paul Rudovsky »

MClutterbuck

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2022, 09:10:03 AM »
All ranging from very, very good to great:

Royal Liverpool
Southport & Ainsdale
Formby
Royal Birkdale
Royal Lytham
Royal St. Georges
Rye Jubilee
Rye Old
St. Patricks
Royal Portrush

Tom_Doak

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2022, 05:33:36 PM »
New Courses Played: 0
New Courses Walked: 0

Courses played: 2
Rounds played: 5

I think most architects have a similar story from 2022
Never experienced anything like 2022 in 30+ years

Well, thank goodness I played a little more than that, although it was only half as much as five years ago.

New courses seen:  13

Park Mammoth, KY
Winter Park Nine, FL
Riomar, FL
Ohoopee Match C, GA
The Tree Farm, SC
Te Pohue, New Zealand
Te Arai Links (South), New Zealand
Lido, WI
Sand Valley (Sandbox), WI
Hiawatha Sportsman's Club, MI
Prestwick GC (original 12 holes), Scotland
Prestwick St. Nicholas, Scotland
Irvine Bogside GC, Scotland

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2022, 10:14:16 PM »
Here are the rest of my 138 new courses played this year (first 44 listed in post dated 12/14 on this thread):

Gates Park                               IA         18                     5/13/22
Finkbine                                  IA         18                    5/14/22
Emeis                                      IA         18                    5/14/22
U of Illinois-Orange                 IL         18                    5/15/22
Pekin CC                                  IL         18                    5/15/22
Birck Boilermaker-A&A           IN        18                    5/16/22                       
Birck Boilermaker-Kampen     IN        18                    5/16/22
Otter Creek-N/W                    IN        18                    5/17/22
Pfau Crs at Indiana U              IN        18                    5/17/22
Elcona CC                                IN        18                    5/18/22
Harbor Trees G & Beach C      IN        18                    5/18/22
Beechwood                             IN        18                    5/19/22
Pine Lake CC                           MI         9*                  5/20/22
Cincinnati CC                           OH       18                    5/21/22
Portland CC                             ME       18                    6/06/22
Baybooth Harbor CC               ME       18                    6/07/22
Bald Peak Colony                    NH       18                    6/07/22
Omni Mt Washington             NH       18                    6/08/22
Carlton Oaks                           CA        18                    6/20/22
Cottonwood-Ivanhoe             CA        18                    6/21/22
Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe    CA        18                    6/21/22
Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club     CA        18                    6/22/22
Shady Canyon Golf Club         CA        18                    6/22/22
Rancho Bernardo Inn              CA        18                    6/23/22
Mesa Verde                            CA        18                    6/24/22
Evian Golf Club                       France 18                    7/03/22
Les Bordes GC-New Hanse     France 18                    7/05/22
Les Bordes GC-Piglet               France 10                    7/05/22
Royal Portrush GC-Dunluce    N Ire      2**                7/08/22
Castlerock Links-Mussenden  N Ire    18                    7/08/22
Ballyliffen GC-Glashedy Links Ire        18                    7/09/22
Ballyliffen GC-Old Links          Ire        18                    7/09/22
Rosapenna-Sandy Hills           Ire        18                    7/10/22
Rosapenna-St Patricks            Ire        18                    7/10/22
Rosapenna-Old Tom Morris   Ire        18                    7/11/22
Cruit Island GC                        Ire          9                    7/12/22
Narin & Portnoo GC                Ire        18                    7/12/22
Donegal GC                             Ire        18                    7/13/22
Enniscrone GC                         Ire        18                    7/14/22
Adare Manor                          Ire        18                    7/16/22                       
Royal Dublin GC                      Ire        18                    7/17/22
Union League Nat’l-Sherman NJ          7***              8/01/22
Greeley CC                              CO       18                    8/12/22
Common Ground                    CO       16****            8/12/22
USAF Acad Eisenhower-Blue  CO       18                    8/13/22
Kissing Camels CC-Original 18             18                    8/13/22
Lakewood CC                          CO       18                    8/14/22
Frost Creek                              CO       18                    8/15/22
Sonnenalp Club                       CO       18                    8/15/22
Old Baldy Club                        CO       18                    8/16/22
Stock Farm Club                      MT       18                    8/17/22
Meadow Lark CC                     MT       18                    8/17/22
Yellowstone CC                       MT       18                    8/18/22
BanBury                                  ID         18                    8/21/22
River Club                                ID         18                    8/21/22
Home Course                          WA      18                    8/22/22
Incline Village-Champ             NV       18                    8/22/22
Peach Tree CC                         CA        18                    8/23/22
Del Rio CC-Bluffs/Oak             CA        18                    8/23/22
Sunnyside CC                          CA        18                    8/24/22
Del Monte                               CA        18                    8/24/22
Wilderness at Fortune Bay     MN      18                    8/29/22
Quarry at Giants Ridge           MN      18                    8/29/22
Town & Country Club             MN      18                    8/30/22
Landmand Club                       NE       18                    8/31/22
Onieda CC                               WI       18                    9/16/22
SentryWorld                           WI       18                    9/16/22
Golf Crs at Branch River          WI       18                    9/17/22
West Bend CC                         WI       18                    9/17/22
Big Foot CC                              WI       18                    9/18/22
Westmoreland CC                   WI       18                    9/18/22
Tam O’Shanter                        IL           9#                  9/18/22
Brown Deer                             WI       18                    9/19/22
Barrington Hills CC                  IL         18                    10/8/22
Meridian Hills  CC                    IN        18                    10/9/22
Salina CC                                 KS        18                    10/10/22
Idle Hour CC                            KY        18                    10/11/22
Pepper Pike Club                     OH       18                    10/12/22
Gull Lake Resort-Stoatin Brae MI        18                    10/13/22
Prestwick CC                           IL         18                    10/13/22
Medinah CC-Course #1           IL         18                    10/14/22
Grove CC (was Hillcrest CC)    IL         18                    10/14/22
Briarwood                               IL         18                    10/15/22
Grand Reserve Club-Champ   PR        18                    10/16/22
The Tuxedo Club                     NY       18                    10/20/22
Lakewood CC                          NJ        18                    10/21/22
Deal G&CC                              NJ        18                    10/21/22
Arcola CC                                NJ        18                    10/22/22
Wilshire CC                             CA        18                    11/16/22
California CC                           CA        18                    11/17/22
The Saticoy Club                     CA        18                    11/17/22
Santa Ana CC                          CA        18                    11/18/22
El Niguel CC                             CA        13****            11/18/22
Daniel Island Club-Ralston      SC        18                    12/01/22         

*to finish course…played front 9 in 2021
**holes 7&8 to finish revised course
***to finish course
****ran out of daylight
# only 9 holes still exist at site

In addition to these 2405 new holes for me on 138 different courses, I played another 413 different holes (on 24 courses that I had played prior to 2022). 

One final note…on December 1, 2022 I played what should be my 138th first time course this year…which was also the last new course I would play in 2022.  And on the 9th hole at Daniel Island Club’s Ralston Creek course, I had the thrill of securing my second hole in one.  Interesting that with all the golf I have played, my only two aces happened in the north suburbs of Charleston, where I have spent maybe 10-12 days of my life!

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2022, 09:28:07 AM »
Here are the rest of my 138 new courses played this year (first 44 listed in post dated 12/14 on this thread):

In addition to these 2405 new holes for me on 138 different courses, I played another 413 different holes (on 24 courses that I had played prior to 2022). 

One final note…on December 1, 2022 I played what should be my 138th first time course this year…which was also the last new course I would play in 2022.  And on the 9th hole at Daniel Island Club’s Ralston Creek course, I had the thrill of securing my second hole in one.  Interesting that with all the golf I have played, my only two aces happened in the north suburbs of Charleston, where I have spent maybe 10-12 days of my life!

... and my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I'm jealous

Congrats on the Ace

Rob Marshall

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2022, 11:27:21 AM »
Paul,
How many separate trips did it take you play all of those new courses or do you just live out of a suitcase and travel bag? :)
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

MCirba

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2022, 12:49:49 PM »
Paul Rudovsky is my new Role Model.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Tom_Doak

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2022, 09:12:11 PM »
Paul:

With all of those courses played, many of which are semi-obscure, it's a shame you didn't provide your own 1-10 ratings for them.

What were the handful of new courses you liked best?

What was the biggest surprise [on the up side] ?

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2022, 11:00:59 PM »
Lots of ???  :

1.  I count 21 separate trips ranging from 1 course to 21 courses (including replays) in 18 days (that was the one big overseas trip to France N Ire and ireland.  was in Scotland for 2 days but had messed up car and course reservations so just relaxed at Greywalls

2.  reason for semi obscure is my bucket lists.  prior to this year I had played every course to ever be on a USA Top 100 since these lists commenced in 1966.  I wanted to be able to say the same thing about USA  200 so I wanted to finish all of the gW 100Modern and 100 Classics since they started in 1997.  got that done.  also finished the 248 different courses on Golf Digest's lists that started everything (for better or worse)...the 1966 and 1966 alphabetical listing of USA's 200 toughest.  Tom--with some of these "obscure" its too weak a word.  third crazy bucket list was to play every course that has EVER hosted one of the USGA's currently played 15 national cahmpioships plus Walker Cup and Curtis Cup.  Finished that (thru 2023 season) on 12/122 with Daniels Island-Ralston.  That was my favorite bucket list!!

3.  Let me list the replays  not included in above listings:
Southern Pines NC
Yeamans Hall SC
Old Marsh FL
CCNC-Cardinal NC
The Cradle--NC
Forest Creek-North NC
Congressional-Blue MD "&"
The Country Club-Open MA
Ballybunion-Old IRE "&"
European Club IRE
The Island IRE "&"
County Louth  IRE "&"
Portmarnock--Champ  IRE
Union League-Grant  NJ
Merion-East  PA "&"
Quaker Ridge  NY
Wannamoissett RI "&"
Sand Hills  NE
Shoreacres (9 holes)  IL "&"
Scioto OH "&"
CCNC-Dogwood NC
Bel Air CC CA "&"
Hillcrest CC CA "&"

first time played liked best (including first time after major restoration like Scioto..."&" above:

not in any order:
Coral Creek
Sedgefield
Rawls @ TX tech
Annandale
Bidermann
Congressional
The Country Club (BROOKLINE)
Bald Peak
Rancho Santa Fe
R Portrush
St Patrick's
Enniscrone
European
The Island
County Louth
Portmarnock
Quaker
Sand Hills
Quarry Giant's Ridge
Landmand
Shoreacres
Scioto
Pepper Pike
Bel-Air
Hillcrest
Saticoy

overall best Sand Hills by a mile

upside surprises:
Saticoy
Santa Ana
Hillcrest
Pepper Pike
Congressional
Scioto

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2022, 11:03:36 PM »

... and my wife thinks I'm nuts. Pat feels the same way about me...but it keeps be active and focused

I'm jealous

Congrats on the Ace....thanks

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back