News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Kavanaugh's Blatant Attempt Bears Fruit!
« on: November 22, 2022, 12:29:14 PM »
As John mentioned in one of his posts, something quite unusual happened during our round at Victoria Club. Something that must be very, very rare indeed. Two holes in one in one round in the same group -- and one of them was on a par 4.

The par 4 second at Victoria is 298 yards in all its glory. It is guarded by three bunkers, left, right, and center. It takes a 290ish yard carry from a slightly elevated tee to fly the front-center bunker. The day our opponent aced it, the pin was middle right, and he carried it on the front-right. We did not see it go in, as the right part of the green is obscured trees. The group on the next tee knew it was close and walked over as we were heading up the fairway and informed us. So great.

Evidently, the green did not originally have the center bunker (inserted to make this an "architecture post")

6 holes later, our brand new assistant pro aced the 195 yard 8th hole. What a day.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/023LVvpy7lcNAtCKcWc2aa0dQ

Tried to insert the photo, but it wouldn't let me (because the URL is "https"?)...

John is a blast to play with. Would love to get some of you out to play Victoria. PM me if you are interested in joining us on either a Wednesday or Friday at noon, or a Saturday or Sunday at 8:00am.

David Ober

Re: Kavanaugh's Blatant Attempt Bears Fruit!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 12:32:37 PM »

Tony_Muldoon

Let's make GCA grate again!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 01:28:50 PM »
I wasn’t following that closely but after the triple on one didn’t the guy propose a bet that he would finish under par. Getting back to even so quickly was bizarre.

It’s an amazing gambling venue with 15, 17 and 18 being par 5’s.

David Ober

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 04:30:53 PM »
I wasn’t following that closely but after the triple on one didn’t the guy propose a bet that he would finish under par. Getting back to even so quickly was bizarre.

It’s an amazing gambling venue with 15, 17 and 18 being par 5’s.

You missed one, John: 14 is also a par 5, so 14, 15, 17, and 18. Last par 4 you play at our club is number 12. The finish is 3, 5, 5, 3, 5, 5.

It's a blast to play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back