News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Padraig Dooley

Re: Te Arai
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2022, 05:40:33 AM »
Practice Area with Template greens

Untitled by Padraig Dooley,

I took a small video of the practice area too, so just checking if the Flickr video can be posted.
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2022, 07:29:56 AM »
The Playground or Practice Putting green near the restaurant

by Padraig Dooley,

by Padraig Dooley,
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

David_Elvins

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2022, 05:37:35 PM »
If the Tara Iti site is a 9.5, this looks closer to a 7.

Whats the low down on the land for the Doak course?  Closer in style to Tara Iti or the the first Te Arai course?
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2022, 08:01:43 PM »
If the Tara Iti site is a 9.5, this looks closer to a 7.

Whats the low down on the land for the Doak course?  Closer in style to Tara Iti or the the first Te Arai course?

My crew for Tara Iti would get a good laugh about the site being a 9.5.  That project was a lot of work.  The views were a 9.5, but a fair bit of the land movement was them.

I don't know how to describe the site for our course at Te Arai.  The holes close to the ocean [1, 2, 8, 16, 17, 18] are probably the ones with the least interest, topographically, and they are not without interest.  But the wilder stuff is certainly in the back of the property without the view.  It is a pretty good mix.

David_Elvins

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2022, 08:59:03 PM »
My crew for Tara Iti would get a good laugh about the site being a 9.5.  That project was a lot of work.  The views were a 9.5, but a fair bit of the land movement was them.

Fair enough, but at the same time the scale of the movement at Tara Iti must have looked perfect for creating great golf features??  From photos it looks like the Coore course is largely on the side of a hill which doesn’t lend itself to easily building the same features as those at Tara Iti.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2022, 11:14:43 PM »

Fair enough, but at the same time the scale of the movement at Tara Iti must have looked perfect for creating great golf features??  From photos it looks like the Coore course is largely on the side of a hill which doesn’t lend itself to easily building the same features as those at Tara Iti.

I doubt Bill Coore would characterize his site as you have, but I can't speak for him.

Yes, the Tara Iti site was generally flatter than either site at Te Arai.  That's partly because we weren't allowed to work as close to the coastline this time around, and partly that the inner ridge at Tara Iti [site of the 12th-14th holes] is only 20-25 meters above sea level, instead of 30-35 meters further down the beach.

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2022, 03:43:00 PM »
Wow! Has a Cypress Point look to it

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back