News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Work starts on Royal Dornoch #8
« on: November 11, 2022, 12:03:14 PM »
Be very interesting to see if/how much it improves an already great hole. Will certainly tweak the stategeric nature of the drive!

https://royaldornoch.com/final-piece-in-the-championship-jigsaw

That’s a date for next summer in the motorhome!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

JohnVDB

Re: Work starts on Royal Dornoch #8
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 01:28:17 PM »
I was there when they cleared it out.  Very different look.  Will probably add about 40 yards to the hole from the tees so it will be 230 or more to get to the top of the hill from the yellow tees and possibly up to 290 from the blues.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 05:14:56 PM »
Cheers, John.
I was hoping one or more of the Dornoch Denizens might care to comment.
I’m guessing it’s normally gonna be too hard for moi to carry the drive far enough to benefit from the slope (unless I face facts and start playing from waaaay forward tees!)
Cripes, if the wind blows a nor-easterly, I’d be as well just walking to the ninth tee from the sixth green!!!
 :D
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 07:30:24 PM »
FBD -

Being a short hitter and having played the course for 400+ times by now, I am almost convinced I would rather play my 2nd shot from the upper level maybe 175 yards away (from a level lie) than from the lower level 160 yards away (from a sidehill lie).  From the upper level you get a nice view of your target. From the lower level it is a blind shot into the green. 

DT

Matt Wharton

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 11:25:11 AM »
Although I once benefitted by being at the bottom of the hill in the left semi by holing a 53 degree wedge for an eagle 2, I like the concept of lengthening the hole to keep drives at the top. If nothing else it may alleviate similarities the hole shares with 17. 
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back