News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Wolf

New book on Donald Ross
« on: November 01, 2022, 01:00:14 AM »
Curious for any feedback on the new book The Golf Architecture of Donald Ross?

Written by Brad Becken Jr, president of Donald Ross society. Looks like it's currently only being offered through the Classics of Golf website at the low, low price of $395 for a signed/numbered edition.

Michael

John Mayhugh

Re: New book on Donald Ross
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 06:34:34 AM »
There's my Christmas shopping sorted.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 12:20:06 AM »
How long before the trade edition, at a lower price than $395, I presume, is available?
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Dave Maberry

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 02:42:38 PM »
How long before the trade edition, at a lower price than $395, I presume, is available?

From the author Brad Becken:

There were two hardcover versions of the book published, one with a basic dark cover with the  title and my name on the front and that is the version you saw at the Tufts Archives. There was also a limited edition collectible version published with a leather cover and a signed and numbered vellum insert. Otherwise the contents of the book are identical.  The basic version is being gifted by the Donald Ross Society to all Ross clubs, restoration architects and selected journalists, it is not for sale. Only the collectible version is for sale for $395.00 with all profits from the sale of the book divided equally between the Donald Ross Society Foundation and the Tufts Archives (not to me).
[/size][/color]The book was published by Classics of Golf in New York and if you are interested, you can purchase a copy via the company’s website. [/font]

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back