News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Quantity vs . Quality
« on: November 24, 2022, 01:03:16 PM »
Happy Turkey Day ! Was just doing some thinking . I know some people on the board have played hundreds and maybe over a thousand courses . When you think about playing a course , are you more likely to want to play a new course you have never seen , even if it may not be a highly regarded course , or are you more selective with courses and prefer to play a better course numerous times ?

archie_struthers

Re: Quantity vs . Quality
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 01:12:25 PM »
 8)

More about the company and some competition for me.  Just have to find a new driver and I've got a few good years left  ;)

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 01:16:23 PM »
Archie I’m enjoying the ping g425 a lot !

Steve Lang

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »
 ;)  Hey Rick,
As I'm sitting here smelling turkey cook, thinking about the side dishes and how ugly the Lion's grey uniforms look and another potential T-Day demise for them, I'll throw in my preference ... after noting that I get to play 150+ times a year...

i typically go new for the freeform adventure.  Like to chat up the local golf store folks to get ideas when away from home and/or if the timing is right, drive in to play instead of drive by...  we do the same for taking in music.

Will never forget seeing sign for Kenny Perry's Country Creek golf Course on I-65 and driving in to play or a sign on I-5 for a Steve Miller & Phil Collins concert at Tacoma Dome and driving right in...  some things best unplanned.

Play on

ps to Archie:  new driver shaft might be better
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Rick Sides

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 02:24:51 PM »
Steve I like the free spirit of unplanned play . Some of my most memorable rounds have been getting in a car and heading to a course that I knew little about . I also hope and pray you’re not a Lions fan  ??? 

Steve Lang

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 12:49:04 PM »
Rick,
Not since Alex Karras / Mongo daze... ;D  but after growing up in Toledo hard not to check in once in a while...
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Rick Sides

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »
Steve I was just in Ohio this summer and the day I was suppose to play Inverness , god let out his fury with a rain like I’ve never seen and tornado warning  :o  didn’t get to play it

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back