News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: An obvious attempt at LA access.
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2022, 11:44:48 AM »
If there is such thing as a hidden gem, or at least a shadowed gem, Behr's Victoria is one!  Get past that first hole and it's psycho fun.  That 15th green was once audaciously defended by a wall of fronting trees.  Never seen anything like it.  It's been 20 years since I was there - is this still true?

The 15th exists in all its glory. Playing in the group of oddly talented golfers I was the only one to go safe left and ended up with the shortest missable birdie putt. Besides the trees the fronting landform is audacious with a gobbledy hazard tight left.

Speaking of the first. The dude made triple and was even par after the second. 7 - 1 is a rare start.

David Ober

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2022, 12:15:46 PM »
If there is such thing as a hidden gem, or at least a shadowed gem, Behr's Victoria is one!  Get past that first hole and it's psycho fun.  That 15th green was once audaciously defended by a wall of fronting trees.  Never seen anything like it.  It's been 20 years since I was there - is this still true?

Yes, and it's probably the worst feature on the golf course. Makes the hole extremely easy for today's long hitters and stupid for short hitters -- especially when you combine it with a fairway bunker that is a mere 240 yards from the tee with an elevated tee shot. Even modest length drivers carry it with ease, and it removes the angle for the shorter hitter to play to the alternate fairway to the left. The hole needs an enema.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2022, 03:56:15 PM »
A cool under the radar club I'd be proud to hang my hat at. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back