News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: An obvious attempt at LA access.
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »
Pelican Hill on Wednesday with an ole civilian bud. Catch me on the next episode of RTOC.

Mark Kiely

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2022, 04:11:37 PM »
Fun times at Olivas yesterday and an impressive performance by the out-of-towner with a nice 73 that easily could've been a few better.

Great meeting you, John!
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2022, 04:51:59 PM »
Just finished Pelican Hill South after seeing the Dodgers last night. The Dodgers game may be the longest walk in golf. My habit of not watching a game I am attending is not unfamiliar to my fellow “residents”.

As I dive deep into beach culture I am learning one indisputable truth. A beach is never just a beach. Pelican Hill once again seems to have been molded for those who use it. A perfect blend of luxury and exhilaration. Makes you want to put on your pretty pants and dance. Loved it.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2022, 10:02:40 AM »
The first hole I ever played with John everybody in the group made birdie.

I wish that upon everyone who gets the opportunity to repeat.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

David Ober

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2022, 09:05:07 AM »
You can count on it. I will stop at no lengths for a good ass kicking.

Pretty soon were going to be calling you Kato....

I got that reference. ;-)

Mark Kiely

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2022, 12:07:14 PM »
John and I just booked the 12:50 "Deal" time on TeeOff.com for Ojai Valley Inn this Sunday. Other two spots are still available. They say $97.99 each but promo code FALL20 makes it around $78 pp. Go grab em and join us!
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2022, 11:51:28 PM »
Just finished Pelican Hill South after seeing the Dodgers last night. The Dodgers game may be the longest walk in golf. My habit of not watching a game I am attending is not unfamiliar to my fellow “residents”.

As I dive deep into beach culture I am learning one indisputable truth. A beach is never just a beach. Pelican Hill once again seems to have been molded for those who use it. A perfect blend of luxury and exhilaration. Makes you want to put on your pretty pants and dance. Loved it.

:) :) 8)
Impressive place. I live 10 minutes away and have to pinch myself, as compared to where I started in life.

I'm a little surprised you loved the golf course. I like it enough, don't love it (not a big fan of the North)- but despite the proximity I rarely play there.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2022, 12:13:47 PM »

Impressive place. I live 10 minutes away and have to pinch myself, as compared to where I started in life.

I'm a little surprised you loved the golf course. I like it enough, don't love it (not a big fan of the North)- but despite the proximity I rarely play there.

So when we gonna play?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »
John,

With your love of TPS and now Pelican Hill, are you going to take a day and get up to Sandpiper before Doak does a Joan Rivers to it?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2022, 12:25:57 PM »
I wish I had seen Bel-Air before Doak. The ignorance of the negative reviews of Sandpiper has influenced my love of it sight unseen. No doubt I’d be equally ignorant in my praise. Wouldn’t say no but north of Santa Barbara is LA light at best.

John Kavanaugh

Me, Dave Ober and you. Victoria Club Friday 28th noon
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2022, 12:40:31 PM »
I’ve been invited to join Dave Ober at Victoria Club in Riverside tomorrow at noon. As part of my fulfillment is Dave’s request to bring along a couple of GCAers. First come first serve. Let me know.

You will see shots that you ain’t never seen. I played Victoria yesterday with Dave. It’s like playing Riviera on the south side of Chicago with longtime friends. Best BLT I ever had.

Note: Postponed
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:47:11 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Pat Burke

Re: Me, Dave Ober and you. Victoria Club Friday 28th noon
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2022, 02:11:12 PM »
I’ve been invited to join Dave Ober at Victoria Club in Riverside tomorrow at noon. As part of my fulfillment is Dave’s request to bring along a couple of GCAers. First come first serve. Let me know.

You will see shots that you ain’t never seen. I played Victoria yesterday with Dave. It’s like playing Riviera on the south side of Chicago with longtime friends. Best BLT I ever had.

Sorry I can’t play….
Hopefully when things settle down a bit!

David Ober

Re: Me, Dave Ober and you. Victoria Club Friday 28th noon
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »

Note: Postponed

Had a BLAST with John on Wednesday at Victoria. The guy can golf his ball! We played as a foursome (with one walker) in 2 hours 40 minutes, and I think he was a bit ... ahem ... surprised by the pace of play. Don't think he brought his best game. Still managed to shoot his handicap. Would hate to play him in a money match giving him full pops, I'll tell you that for sure!

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2022, 11:41:06 AM »

So when we gonna play?

I have a member card at Arroyo Trabuco and Tijeras Creek in South OC and would be happy to show you around either if we can find time before you leave.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2022, 02:58:55 PM »
Thanks. It took Andy 19 years after he got his hammer. The execution of an escape isn’t always the result of good planing. I’ll keep in touch cause I got no plans.

That said. I’ll always owe the people of California for their stewardship of this taste of nature and culture. Oh, thanks for leaving the HOV lanes open for me. Makes Uber feel like getting a comped caddie.

Steve Lang

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2022, 08:12:59 PM »
 ;D  JK,

The people want to know, are you posting scores for your handicap index or just enjoying the california dreaming' vibe?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2022, 08:40:42 PM »
I’ve gone from a 4 to a 6 on this trip. Must be the poa.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2022, 11:08:18 PM »
I’ve gone from a 4 to a 6 on this trip. Must be the poa.

Your daughter must be a saint. Mine would have thrown me out by now….
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »
Land in LA tomorrow for as long as “it” takes. Please golf with me. Anywhere, anytime.

Last dude, Laz, that took me up on a similar plea got a hole in one during our round. Why not you?

I’ve packed slacks.

I was hosted today by a fine fellow. While he didn’t have a hole in one, two of his friends did. The first was a 298 yd par 4. The second a 200 yd par 3. If you would like one yourself, just call.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2022, 12:35:58 AM »
Land in LA tomorrow for as long as “it” takes. Please golf with me. Anywhere, anytime.

Last dude, Laz, that took me up on a similar plea got a hole in one during our round. Why not you?

I’ve packed slacks.

I was hosted today by a fine fellow. While he didn’t have a hole in one, two of his friends did. The first was a 298 yd par 4. The second a 200 yd par 3. If you would like one yourself, just call.
Woah!  That is epic. An hole in one on a par 4 is so rare and to have another guy get a hole in one for the same group.  Send that in to Golf mag or Golf Digest as that is worthy of a write up.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2022, 12:40:56 AM »
No pictures were taken.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2022, 07:28:37 PM »
Photos would have driven costs up by , oh , about 20% ...
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2022, 07:42:22 PM »

I feel like a lifetime of speaking out against photography was rewarded.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2022, 05:54:59 AM »
If there is such thing as a hidden gem, or at least a shadowed gem, Behr's Victoria is one!  Get past that first hole and it's psycho fun.  That 15th green was once audaciously defended by a wall of fronting trees.  Never seen anything like it.  It's been 20 years since I was there - is this still true?

Eric Smith

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2022, 08:30:38 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back