News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Cabot and Fiona
« on: September 23, 2022, 10:31:34 PM »
This weekend is not a good time to have reservations for Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links. But the courses and infrastructure should be okay as the hurricane approaches from the south and the resort is on a NW coast. The one time I was there was just after a heavy storm and the courses well withstood it. Can't say the same for Highland Links, which is illy situated.

Dan Herrmann

Re: Cabot and Fiona
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 09:33:16 AM »

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 11:26:38 AM »

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 08:45:17 AM »
I wa supposed to be at Cabot this past weekend but I changed to go to Florida at the last minute.  I have received an email from the resort saying that they appear to have escaped any major damage.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 06:17:10 PM »
Keltic Lodge closed from Friday until tomorrow afternoon. Same for Highland Links. Don't know if they'll open the course with suspected tree damage and drainage issues. The creek on the back 9 could be problematic with a foot of rain.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 10:15:49 PM »
There are a few low lying holes at Highlands that could have issues.  The par 5 just before you cross the road - I think it is #5.  That has been badly flooded in the past.  And the one where they added a berm between the creek and the hole - 12 or 13.

Mike Baillie

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 11:16:07 AM »
The 2 Cabot courses were only closed Saturday.

Highland Links closed for a week and opens tomorrow.

Will be playing Highland Links Tuesday and then the Cabots Thursday / Friday.

John McCarthy

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 11:38:55 AM »
I truly hope for no loss of life or property, but my oldest is named Fiona and we are quite having fun with this.  I may even buy a "I Survived Hurricane Fiona" t-shirt.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 02:50:11 PM »
The 2 Cabot courses were only closed Saturday.

Highland Links closed for a week and opens tomorrow.

Will be playing Highland Links Tuesday and then the Cabots Thursday / Friday.
Let us know if there was any damage.

Alan FitzGerald CGCS MG

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 08:22:36 AM »
I'm friends with the superintendent there and had asked him how he made out. He said there was minimal damage, mainly some minor washouts. His video of the wind and waves crashing was awesome!
Golf construction & maintenance are like creating a masterpiece; Da Vinci didn't paint the Mona Lisa's eyes first..... You start with the backdrop, layer on the detail and fine tune the finished product into a masterpiece

Mike Baillie

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 11:19:57 AM »
Highland Links had no visible damage to the course per se.  There were trees down well off the fairways.  Also standing or casual water in spots from Fiona 10 plus days prior.  The course in much better condition than my prior visit in 2011.  Played with a local who said the course had never been in better shape than this summer and fall.  The berm on 12 a great add otherwise that hole would have had considerable damage.  T

Cabot was just fine.  While greener than I remember it still played reasonably firm and fast

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back