News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Landmand | Before/Afters | 2020 Construction - Present New
« on: September 09, 2022, 01:53:12 PM »
In advance of this weekend's Midwest Mashie, here are some before/afters we have shot over the life of the build.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

This is #1 which shares fairway with # 18 on the far left.

This is the approach to #1. Note in #1 U11-13 (13yr old) Nebraska Jr Amateur, Ty Treadwell firing at the pin, on his way to shooting 1-under in 30mph crosswinds. "I play in Nebraska. That's what we do."

This is #17. Keep it simple. Fire at the left shelf. Use all of it. That's it. That's the swing thought.

This is #18. The Milk Carton bunker. Note the GCAers for scale.

We have plenty more we're saving for a larger project in the future. I will let others opine on their experiences after the upcoming Mashie.
That should give folks an idea of the scale of the place. None of the width is excessive as folks found out when the winds kicked up last week.
The course is now open to the public for a brief public preview through Sept 30, after which they will close to prep and host a USGA qualifier before shutting down play and the tee sheet for the year. Every tee time is sold out.
We are blessed on a number of levels to have two days of early GCA-only access to this venue. We look forward to seeing those of you coming this weekend. Those of you joining us, travel safely and see you in Homer. Those not joining, we wish you were coming and hope to see you somewhere on the links soon.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 06:02:52 PM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back