News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Monroe Golf Club
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:33:47 PM »
Played Monroe on Tuesday. Anyone who wants to see the results of a pretty substantial tree removal program should take a look. It’s amazing. They also added some yardage to the par 5 12th hole and added a new green complex that is beautiful. Looks like it was always a part of the course. If you are in the Rochester area it’s well worth a visit.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

John Blain

Re: Monroe Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:22:18 AM »
Played Monroe on Tuesday. Anyone who wants to see the results of a pretty substantial tree removal program should take a look. It’s amazing. They also added some yardage to the par 5 12th hole and added a new green complex that is beautiful. Looks like it was always a part of the course. If you are in the Rochester area it’s well worth a visit.
Rob- Thanks for the heads-up. The last time I played MGC was not long after the Gil Hanse restoration which had to be 15 years ago or maybe even more? There was quite a bit of tree removal during Gil's work there and I was told he wanted even more trees out but the membership pushed back. I believe Tyler Rae is now the consulting architect, so it is nice to see them taking even more trees.
CCR, MGC and OH East have all gone to another level with restorations that included significant tree removal. I know there was a pretty strong push back at all three clubs about trees coming out, but I think the finished products all speak for themselves.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back