News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: I told you; LIV is for lawyers...
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2022, 12:18:29 AM »
I was happy and surprised to see the 4 Aces three peat. Pat Perez is making history.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2022, 11:13:49 AM »
I was happy and surprised to see the 4 Aces three peat. Pat Perez is making history.

Pat's obviously a Glue Guy for the 4 Aces -- more important than the raw score he posts.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Anthony Butler

« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2022, 05:06:30 PM »
Let's do Tripp Davis a favor

Bill Coore's wife is Jewish. Can't imagine he's too thrilled to see his work being used by a genocidal Muslim regime this week..

Please, it's a Tom Fazio course. More later, after listening to the Australian contingent I am finally understanding how all of this is just a small indicator of our decadent empire losing its grip on the world.

Living about 20 min drive from the Course, I can tell you they're promoting the heck out of the C&C work in the local membership drive marketing.
Next!

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2022, 03:59:43 PM »
Play at the BMW PGA at Wentworth was suspended upon the death of the Queen. There will be no play Friday. The rest is undetermined. It's possible they finish the first round on Saturday and then play two more rounds to finish on Sunday. In other words, 54 holes.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Tim Leahy

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2022, 08:36:28 PM »
Play at the BMW PGA at Wentworth was suspended upon the death of the Queen. There will be no play Friday. The rest is undetermined. It's possible they finish the first round on Saturday and then play two more rounds to finish on Sunday. In other words, 54 holes.
Did the Saudi's or Greg Norman kill the Queen to shorten the tournament? HMMM. ::)
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

JMEvensky

« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2022, 05:02:37 AM »

Did the Saudi's or Greg Norman kill the Queen to shorten the tournament? HMMM. ::)

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."-- Mark Twain

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2022, 11:35:22 AM »
And 54 holes it shall be. With a cut.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2022, 01:49:25 PM »
Royal Sydney turned down Greg Norman and the LIV.
Should Super Bowl LIV (KC v SF) join the fray against these exhibitionists?

Anthony Butler

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2022, 03:23:37 PM »
Royal Sydney turned down Greg Norman and the LIV.
Should Super Bowl LIV (KC v SF) join the fray against these exhibitionists?
In the wake of this announcement, I am trying to get some clarity from NSWGC on same matter. Unfortunately current Club President appears to have a man-crush on Great White Fish Finger... hopefully common sense and decency will prevail.
Next!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2022, 04:36:11 PM »
Why not welcome the reigning Open Champion back to his home country?

Anthony Butler

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2022, 05:27:12 PM »
Why not welcome the reigning Open Champion back to his home country?
I'm sure some hard up club will fall victim to Saudi Govt. Employee Norman's blandishments.... On the topic of Open Champion Smith, I believe one of his reasons (other than money) for signing with LIV was so he could spend more time back in Australia "watching footy with his mates." The Rugby League and Aussie Rules playoffs are in full swing right now, yet Smith will be reporting for work in Chicago this week.

Maybe next year when the Broncos actually make the playoffs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 09:57:33 PM by Anthony Butler »
Next!

Tim Leahy

« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2022, 09:42:15 PM »
Appropriate a LIV sellout player didn't win a tournament on 9-11. Maybe a hurricane will hit Florida for the LIV tournament scheduled for comrade Trumpsky's course in October. :o
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2022, 10:49:31 PM »

This is funny, especially the DJ character.

https https://youtu.be/jibobfbkNCM://youtu.be/jibobfbkNCM

Rob Marshall

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2022, 12:55:40 PM »
Appropriate a LIV sellout player didn't win a tournament on 9-11. Maybe a hurricane will hit Florida for the LIV tournament scheduled for comrade Trumpsky's course in October. :o

I’m going to be about 2 hours from Miami when the tournament is played but I’m afraid of what I might say and don’t want to end up on TMZ. I don’t think they care what anyone thinks anyway. It’s all about the money.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2022, 02:36:44 PM »
The "LIV Show" comes to Chicago this weekend at (controversial) Rich Harvest Farms.

Bunch of golf buddies were on a text exchange this week determining interest to go out there and check it out.

We all live in the city or north burbs and the venue is perhaps 50+ miles SW of us.

12 guys on the text chain and not one had any interest in going. Then again, we are all in the "dying demographic" that watches the PGA Tour.

So, I asked my 26 yo son if he wanted to go.

Nope.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2022, 03:04:07 PM »
No surprise, I guess, Ian!
The has-been and outcast nature of the field, the lack of any real television contact, the exhibition-tenor of the format, the meaningless nature of any one of the events, and the political uproar over the LIV tour makes everyone of its events a real sleeper!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 04:21:26 PM by Jim Hoak »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2022, 12:52:54 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/apple-and-amazon-join-growing-list-of-companies-to-pass-on-liv-golf-media-rights/ar-AA11Shih?cvid=841e4135b35741dc9709a8c666f5aaed

"Amazon and Apple — two of the biggest and newest players in the sports streaming market — both declined to carry LIV on their platforms, according to The Wall Street Journal. Other companies like ESPN, CBS, NBC and Fox have also already refused to air the Saudi-backed league, according to the Journal."

Ken Moum

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2022, 08:38:20 PM »
FWIW I just saw that LIV attracted Cam Smith and Leishman by offering part ownership.

Might explain Poulter's excuse for wearing the logos last week.

But a share of what, exactly?
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

George Pazin

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2022, 01:14:57 PM »
The "LIV Show" comes to Chicago this weekend at (controversial) Rich Harvest Farms.

Bunch of golf buddies were on a text exchange this week determining interest to go out there and check it out.

We all live in the city or north burbs and the venue is perhaps 50+ miles SW of us.

12 guys on the text chain and not one had any interest in going. Then again, we are all in the "dying demographic" that watches the PGA Tour.

So, I asked my 26 yo son if he wanted to go.

Nope.

Would you have attended a PGA Tour event?

Golf is one of the worst spectator events possible. I enjoy going when the USGA is in town - Ams, Opens, whatever - but that is more because I like to see the course in person, rather than on TV. And I went to the PGA event when they played at Nemacolin, but that was because I wanted to see Wiesy in person, striking the ball.

I don't care much for any professional golf, I see virtually zero difference between the PGA Tour and LIV. I watch the majors and a small number of regular events played at courses I'm interested in.

Professional golf has killed my interest in professional golf......
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2022, 03:08:15 AM »
Ken,
   A share of one of those teams, which for the life of me I can't see having any value. LIV thinks they'll be worth $100 million each. That's their business plan.

Meanwhile, the north parking lot at Rich Harvest was full yesterday. Based on the size of the lot, I estimated about 8,000 on hand.

Sean_A

« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2022, 05:51:28 AM »
Ken,
   A share of one of those teams, which for the life of me I can't see having any value. LIV thinks they'll be worth $100 million each. That's their business plan.

Meanwhile, the north parking lot at Rich Harvest was full yesterday. Based on the size of the lot, I estimated about 8,000 on hand.

I suspect shares were a kicker, much like chucking in a 3rd round draft pick to seal a deal. That said, I think as a kicker, it could possibly heap great rewards down the line. What is there to lose?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Kalen Braley

« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2022, 12:18:16 PM »
Looks like LIV is now going to buy airtime (instead of receiving a fee) on FX Sports to get exposure in main stream programming.

Can't say I'm surprised, even as Norman claimed just a few weeks ago they've had lots of interest.  ;D

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34680944/report-liv-golf-nearing-deal-buy-air-broadcast-events-fox-sports

Mark Smolens

« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »
Looks like LIV is now going to buy airtime (instead of receiving a fee) on FX Sports to get exposure in main stream programming.

Can't say I'm surprised, even as Norman claimed just a few weeks ago they've had lots of interest.  ;D

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34680944/report-liv-golf-nearing-deal-buy-air-broadcast-events-fox-sports

Wait, stop the presses. Are you telling us that Mr. Norman said something that wasn't true? I'm shocked I say, shocked.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2022, 09:25:41 PM »
Now LIV is denying the time-buy story, though that's the way to bet. The AP story:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/liv-golf-refutes-report-deal-buy-tv-time-90659372

LIV would be the first major sports operation to buy air time for its competitions since Champ Car (CART) from 2003-2007 or so, especially for races on CBS. Lots of smaller operations do so.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2022, 09:38:38 PM »
The 54 Hole tour is going to pay to have their exhibition golf on tv?  LOL....Of course they will have to jump thru hoops and register as foreign agents according to FCC rules.

LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back