News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

I told you; LIV is for lawyers...
« on: August 17, 2022, 09:26:09 AM »
Here's another at the trough:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34410268/liv-golf-reed-files-lawsuit-alleges-defamation.

What a joke, hopefully thrown out and repudiated as quickly as the FedEx whine...yet if Chamblee's coverage is deemed actionable defamation, Reed's lawyers ought to be sent the relevant threads from GCA, erupting from his rules missteps over the last few years...

By now the LIV sponsored lawsuits must be ahead of LIV sponsored events by a 3 to 1 margin, at least.

"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

John Kavanaugh

Re: I told you; LIV is for lawyers...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 09:34:38 AM »
Both sides will need expert witnesses. It will be nice to see a rules dude get paid.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 09:55:40 AM »
Both sides will need expert witnesses. It will be nice to see a rules dude get paid.

Won't make it that far.

As Eamon Lynch noted on Twitter this am, I can't wait for Golf Channel & Brandel's counsel to request(subpoena) the PGA Tour's private discipline file for Reed. Ultimately that could come public. Sounds like the plaintiff and his counsel haven't thought that far ahead.

Screw Reed and LIV
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Jim Franklin

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 10:02:57 AM »

Won't make it that far.

As Eamon Lynch noted on Twitter this am, I can't wait for Golf Channel & Brandel's counsel to request(subpoena) the PGA Tour's private discipline file for Reed. Ultimately that could come public. Sounds like the plaintiff and his counsel haven't thought that far ahead.

Screw Reed and LIV

Bingo.
Mr Hurricane

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 10:10:07 AM »
Making fun of Reed has become blood sport at LIV events. It was hilarious watching him get a patron kicked out after Reed hit a horrible chip and the guy asked him why he didn’t fluff the lie.

We don’t know Reed yet we hate him. The courts are the best avenue to discover why. Who are Chamblee’s peers that will sit on a jury? I doubt if even Brandel could name 12.

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 10:58:54 AM »
Making fun of Reed has become blood sport at LIV events. It was hilarious watching him get a patron kicked out after Reed hit a horrible chip and the guy asked him why he didn’t fluff the lie.

We don’t know Reed yet we hate him. The courts are the best avenue to discover why. Who are Chamblee’s peers that will sit on a jury? I doubt if even Brandel could name 12.
I'm interested to see all the journalists that dubbed him Captain America report this.

David Cronan

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 11:50:01 AM »
Strange times. How does somebody sue for defamation of character, when he has no character?

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 11:58:04 AM »
LIV means never having to say you're sorry.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 12:00:56 PM »
The only unforgivable offense is success.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 12:16:18 PM »
I haven't watched any LIV events, so I wasn't aware Reed is getting heckled even among his own people, only the best people of course!   ;D

P.S.  As much as I'm not a fan of LIV, the non-golf related stuff has certainly been entertaining...

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 12:20:29 PM »
Wait until the guy thrown out of Bedminster is deposed. Telling the truth about why he thinks Reed is a cheater will be damning. And hilarious.

Btw. Why are these threads still being started when it has been made clear that they are not wanted?

Michael Dugger

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 12:59:59 PM »
Some of you have probably heard the story but if you have not it's just too good to not reference again.

Someone posed the question: What fellow tour pro would you be LEAST likely to assist if it appeared they were about to get into a physical altercation with someone at the bar.

Patrick Reed, #1 answer, followed by Bubba. 
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 01:51:11 PM »
Some of you have probably heard the story but if you have not it's just too good to not reference again.

Someone posed the question: What fellow tour pro would you be LEAST likely to assist if it appeared they were about to get into a physical altercation with someone at the bar.

Patrick Reed, #1 answer, followed by Bubba.

I've known guys with "Reed Face" my entire life. They learn how to fight young.

If you can't get a bud to assist you in a bar altercation it's probably you, not them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 01:54:01 PM by John Kavanaugh »

V. Kmetz

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 02:41:34 PM »

I've known guys with "Reed Face" my entire life. They learn how to fight young.

Oh good, we'll call you as one of the deponents for the defense, as you agree that Reed Face is a common, non-Chamblee assigned condition, as is the pugnacious interplay with those in his environment... you answered your own question... we DO know him...even YOU do... and that is why he is hated...well before LIV... boy you wrapped that up quick.
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 02:50:37 PM »
Quality rant.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 03:09:01 PM »
It was not my intention to make lite of bullying. For anyone offended, my apologies.

John_Cullum

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 04:30:09 PM »
Raynor was a hack

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 05:46:24 PM »
I watch the 4 majors, The Players, The Fedex Cup playoffs and the tournaments that have an excellent leaderboard on Sunday.

I would watch LIV only if it had a compelling leaderboard, probably only on the last 6 holes the last day.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2022, 06:25:02 PM »
This suit will never get anywhere. Reed is a public figure and thus has a higher bar to prove malice. New York Times Co. v. Sullivan in 1964.

Though it would be fun if, in seeking to prove Reed's character, Chamblee's lawyer called Reed's parents as character witnesses.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Tim Martin

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2022, 06:46:33 PM »
No mention of the Reed suit on either the Golf Channel or it’s parent company NBC.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2022, 08:15:58 PM »
There has to be something more too this or he is a complete idiot. His lawyer was bad mouthing LIV and anyone who would take their money on twitter earlier this year. Chamblee ,NBC and the Golf Channels lawyers will have a field day deposing Reeds college teammates, coaches, and people like Peter Kostis who will testify they have seen him cheat. This reputation will only get worse, if that’s possible.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Kalen Braley

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
LIV sure has an awful lot of conditions and restrictions for alleged "independent contractors"....the irony in light of the primary lawsuit!

Zero surprise...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-contract-specifics-wall-street-journal-report

Thomas Dai

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 04:48:11 PM »
Out of curiosity I looked-up where the Saudi oil industry, ie essentially the source of the LIV golf money, originated and how it developed - https://www.aramco.com/en/who-we-are/overview/our-history#
Interesting read although it’s their own condensed version of their origins and what’s happened since.
Atb

Mike Wagner

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 07:18:05 PM »
LIV sure has an awful lot of conditions and restrictions for alleged "independent contractors"....the irony in light of the primary lawsuit!

Zero surprise...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-contract-specifics-wall-street-journal-report

Really?  There are only 8 events .. seems like an awesome deal for the players. Media rights .. well, they are essentially selling them, so no irony there. Simple cost / benefit analysis from players that they're choosing a better deal.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 07:30:21 PM »
   I’m pretty sure it is acknowledged that LIV players are employees, not independent contractors.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back