News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

Nice article on restorations
« on: August 14, 2022, 08:25:47 AM »
This is a short and simple article on the subject as it reminds us of all the great work that is being done on the classical courses.
https://www.linksmagazine.com/masters-of-restoring-golden-age-classics?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=insider8.14.22

John Blain

Re: Nice article on restorations
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 10:02:49 AM »
This is a short and simple article on the subject as it reminds us of all the great work that is being done on the classical courses.
https://www.linksmagazine.com/masters-of-restoring-golden-age-classics?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=insider8.14.22
Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »
Too saccharine for me.  Right of the bat (tee): "supremely skilled assemblage." Ugh.

Light on the details but fat on the name-dropping. Did anyone here learn anything from this article?

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 11:03:03 AM »
Too saccharine for me.  Right of the bat (tee): "supremely skilled assemblage." Ugh.

Light on the details but fat on the name-dropping. Did anyone here learn anything from this article?

Bingo Peter

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 01:14:52 PM »

Peter,

I doubt it. Nice article but not really informative for the typical GCA person.
Tim Weiman

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 04:53:45 PM »

I enjoyed the Andrew Green section on the importance of the knuckle bucket. That's fairly well understood in advanced golf construction circles but I'm not sure it is generally known.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

PCCraig

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 09:11:09 PM »
He lost me at the 2nd mention of a "track"   ::)
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back