News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

What courses to play on a simulator
« on: July 29, 2022, 11:37:11 AM »
I did not play much golf for the last 10 years or so after my back surgery, but the trip to Ireland last year really inspired me (RCD - the best I've played, Sunningdale - best parkland I've played, Huntercombe - so much fun) and I am going to try to play a bit more. To get my game back in shape, I purchased Skytrak and set up and full simulator in my living room (only room with a high enough ceiling, my wife is not pleased).

To go with the simulator, I purchased TGC 2019 as well, mostly due to the fact that it has so many golf courses to try and now I feel like a kid in the candy store. The courses that I know well like Chambers Bay and Bandon courses play EXACTLY like how they would play in real life. All the bounces and angles behave the way I would expect them to. And playing the familiar courses really brings back great memories and makes them even more enjoyable.
I have tried other notable courses on the simulator (Augusta - a lot of fun, Cabot - amazing, Lido - great, Cypress Point - a bit underwhelming) with varying levels of enjoyment. But there are so many to play (over 10k), it is hard to decide which one to try next.
For those with simulators, which are some of your favorite courses?
Architecturally, have you learned something via simulators that you did not necessarily noticed or learned on the real course?

Peter Flory

Re: What courses to play on a simulator
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 12:24:17 PM »
Here is a good list for you:
https://gunghogolf.com/articles/tgc-2019-lidar-real-course-list

I would err toward the ones with "Lidar" or "(L)" in the title. 

Hope this helps. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back