News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Sherma

Quebec City - Golf Options
« on: July 27, 2022, 02:22:03 PM »
Quebec City is one of my favorite vacation spots to go with my wife. I've never taken my clubs with me and have wondered if anything would justify leaving the city to play.

Ben Malach

Re: Quebec City - Golf Options
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 02:46:15 PM »
Honestly, I have seen a bit of golf in the area and there is nothing super close that I would bring my clubs along for one round. Although if you are driving in from Montreal. I would suggest making the detour to Shawinigan and playing Grand Mére. Which is a Walter Travis and Herbert Strong course. Other than that most of the best golf in Quebec is concentrated towards Montréal. 
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 04:30:47 PM »
About 1.5 hours beyond Quebec City in an area called Charlevoix is a very nice resort Le Manoir Richelieu. It has a course originally designed by Herbert Strong but it has been significantly altered.

In Quebec City is Royal Quebec which is semi-private. On their web page they say that Wilkie Park Jr was hired and may have drawn up plans for the course but he died before the course was built. 

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 04:55:28 PM »

Played two places while at a conference.

Golf de la Faune is bad, stay away.  Our conclusion was Faune was French for blind lateral hazard.

Golf La Tempete is a nice modern club but nothing exciting or memorable, hosted a Champions Tour event for a few years.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Drew Harvie

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 10:36:56 PM »
Not many. Manoir Richelieu (Tadossauc/Richelieu is a Strong hiding under a modern course) is a mess, although in a great town and a pretty beautiful golf course/property. Royal Quebec's Royal course is an old Willie Park with shades of insanely cool greens, but a mess. I'd second Ben's opinion and go to Grand-Mere if you don't mind the drive, it is truly epic. La Tempete is supposed to be alright, they're building course #2 there right now.

Philippe Binette

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 03:43:04 PM »
I'd recommend boisés de Joly gc on the south shore... most of the design was done by Yannick Pilon and he was trying to built a minimalist Linksy course...  haven't play it but seen parts of it, looks fun

Also le grand vallon in mont ste Anne, it's a Howard Watson design from the 1970.. Watson worked for Stanley Thompson when he was young and understood the importance of routing... often had low budget to start with. Le grand vallon has some good hole in a nice scenery

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back