News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 12:44:54 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jerry Rossi

Re: Is Blue Mound "Great?" Res Ipsa Loquitur
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 08:57:37 PM »
Splendid photography by Jerry Rossi. Hopefully he has a shot of the 10th green -maybe the best of the bunch.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjCz7Ts4NX5AhWxkmoFHaRqCUkQFnoECAwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usga.org%2Fcontent%2Fusga%2Fhome-page%2Fchampionships%2F2022%2Fu-s--mid-amateur%2Fgalleries%2Fcourse-tour-of-blue-mound-golf---country-club.html&usg=AOvVaw1m9lnF-S7ZU0oNhxCd8iez

Thank you for the kind words Mike.  I do have pictures of 10, I'll get one posted here soon.

I am totally biased but I think BM is great.  The greens alone are just too good for it to not be great. I also think the land is under-rated, the routing is brilliant and the work done by our grounds crew to present a firm and fast golf course that plays the way Raynor would have wanted it makes it a compelling place to spend a day.  The work continues and with the guidance of Bruce Hepner it will keep getting better.
Instagram: @putt4dough24

Jerry Rossi

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 09:14:40 PM »
the 10th green at Blue Mound.  The hole (Raynor's Prize) plays 445 from the back tees and 430 from the blue tees. 

Instagram: @putt4dough24

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 10:09:56 AM »
Looking at this green whose sunken bits look something close to a windmill... has anyone seen an X (or anything of an obvious shape) of this style?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

JohnVDB

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 11:40:34 AM »
I was on the Rules team at Blue Miund during the US Amateur at Erin Hills absolutely loved the entire course. I wish I could have played it while I was there.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 12:10:12 PM »
The greens are "great" IMO. If we could just use the 1-10 scale for greens they would be a 9 IMO.
Also underrated at Blue Mound are the long par 4's from the back tees. These are brutes and Jerry as a member knows this better than most of us. The 5 hole stretch from 8-12 particularly I think is difficult with 8, 10 and 12 being long par 4's and a bear.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ben Sims

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 04:38:19 PM »
Continuing a theme of late. Some in-town clubs in a certain tier are really looking nice these days. Nicer than many of the blue bloods if I’m honest. Blue Mound, Santa Ana, Hollywood, Waverley, plus lots of others; all have a certain similar thing about them that seems so fun and inviting.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 09:04:18 AM »
Splendid photography by Jerry Rossi. Hopefully he has a shot of the 10th green -maybe the best of the bunch.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjCz7Ts4NX5AhWxkmoFHaRqCUkQFnoECAwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usga.org%2Fcontent%2Fusga%2Fhome-page%2Fchampionships%2F2022%2Fu-s--mid-amateur%2Fgalleries%2Fcourse-tour-of-blue-mound-golf---country-club.html&usg=AOvVaw1m9lnF-S7ZU0oNhxCd8iez

Thank you for the kind words Mike.  I do have pictures of 10, I'll get one posted here soon.

I am totally biased but I think BM is great.  The greens alone are just too good for it to not be great. I also think the land is under-rated, the routing is brilliant and the work done by our grounds crew to present a firm and fast golf course that plays the way Raynor would have wanted it makes it a compelling place to spend a day.  The work continues and with the guidance of Bruce Hepner it will keep getting better.
Jerry,
The word has gotten out regarding BM......the rest of the golf world is learning what we knew all along. We are so blessed to have the club we have. The course, staff, membership, and clubhouse are as good as it gets. I would place the BM greens easily in the top 5 of Raynors. There is much more to the property than meets the casual eye on a one time visit.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back