News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

GCA outing LIV3 Bedminster - Cancelled. New
« on: July 04, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »

This outing is cancelled.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:06:15 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Tim Leahy

Re: GCA outing LIV3 Bedminster!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 09:38:53 PM »
JK are you in charge of the 9-11 and 1-6 anniversary parties also? :o
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

John Kavanaugh

Re: GCA outing LIV3 Bedminster!!! New
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 09:53:30 PM »
Cancelled
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:06:43 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 05:58:20 AM »

https://tickets.livgolf.com/2022-new-jersey

I am guessing that you had a couple in you when you posted this.  :D :-*

I am away that weekend, but I suggest:

• Pine Valley GC
  • Somerset Hills
  • Hollywood GC
I really have not followed the LIV drama, but you did get me to click on that link. Does this "Club 54" stuff still work?

I have a very traditional golfer friend who admitted that he enjoyed the LIV TV format to watch, so I will never say never... But I won't forget our friend Ensign Josh Watson who was killed by a Saudi National at Naval Air Station Pensacola in December 2019. #NeverForget

Good luck with your outing!
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 07:55:33 AM »

Cancelled
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:07:11 PM by John Kavanaugh »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 09:43:10 AM »

Cancelled
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:07:29 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Tim Leahy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 03:49:47 AM »
If your going shirtless you have to top it off with a Buffalo headdress like the shaman guy from the insurrection. You will fit right in on YouTube. :P
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Sean_A

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 04:04:30 AM »

• Pine Valley GC
  • Somerset Hills
  • Hollywood GC
I really have not followed the LIV drama, but you did get me to click on that link. Does this "Club 54" stuff still work?

I have a very traditional golfer friend who admitted that he enjoyed the LIV TV format to watch, so I will never say never... But I won't forget our friend Ensign Josh Watson who was killed by a Saudi National at Naval Air Station Pensacola in December 2019. #NeverForget

It would be interesting if folks described the crazies that commit mass shootings as US Nationals. Or does that imply terrorism?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 07:03:06 AM »

Cancelled
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:07:51 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2022, 07:39:13 AM »

It would be interesting if folks described the crazies that commit mass shootings as US Nationals. Or does that imply terrorism?

Ciao

Sean,

Not in a million years comparable. Here is the Watson Family picking up their son - https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.l.watson.9/videos/10221253220269784/

Josh's killer was a member of the Royal Saudi Air Force legally on the Pensacola Base. He cleared security to be a flight student, where they teach very complicated "stuff". Pensacola is the home of Naval, Marine, and Coast Guard Aviation.

No Military (USA or other) are allowed to carry weapons on any Military Base in the USA. Only base security can carry. Foreign Military are not allowed to buy any weapons while here in the USA.

He/they found a loophole in the Florida hunting regulations to obtain a gun. It is my belief that HE did not act alone. I don't want to distract from Jaka's already silly post, but come on... a member of the Royal Saudi Air Force killing 3 US Navy Sailors on a domestic US Military Base is terrorism. Josh's death got lost in the Covid insanity that followed.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:44:03 AM by Mike Sweeney »
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Rob Marshall

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2022, 08:40:49 AM »

• Pine Valley GC
  • Somerset Hills
  • Hollywood GC

Ciao

I wish theses types of posts would disappear. It's a MAJOR US problem but it's also happening all over the world. Oslo last week  I believe. I'm guilty of this too. Let's get back to golf or JK's ridiculousness.....
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 01:43:51 PM »
The least diverse sport in the history of man has found another group of brown people upon which to hoist their moral flag. Sweeney is the one poster on this site whose posts are more predictable than mine. Autism and the death of any soldier are issues that have cost me many nights sleep. Let Sweeney be Sweeney.

Now can we get back to the show and watch some dudes play golf. The most exciting professional golf event in years is about to be held near the finest courses in the world. Why not take a break from hate and have a great time?

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2022, 02:12:45 PM »
This is nothing more than the bored and idle work of a notorious troll.

Let's not feed it and just leave it to watch "F-Troop" re-runs on FX after carding some mid-90's slop at one of those "time-share national" courses.

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2022, 02:58:29 PM »
If only there was a way to watch top notch championship golf, for a cheaper ticket, a more enjoyable in person experience, and at a more interesting golf course.

OH there is - The Western Am at Exmoor Club, Aug 1-6.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2022, 03:03:31 PM »

Cancelled
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:08:15 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2022, 04:04:31 PM »
For the record, I think Sean Able is the most interesting poster on GCA.com. Obviously the quirky course reviews that he post are very interesting to me.

More importantly, he is an American living in the UK/England (??) for many years and Sean has a unique world view that I do not have - both for golf courses and for world events. He has seen the UK as a local on the ground American on the other side of the "British Empire" for years, and now a failed/failing joining of a European Union.

USA has gone a different direction, and we have these series of "Allies" that sometimes work, and sometimes don't. Golf traveled where the Brits took it, and now we have the complicated "Allies" of Saudi Arabia using the LIV Tour to do what? I really don't know. But it is NOT about golf, in my opinion. I am also open to the concept that it could be good for diplomatic dialogue between Allies. Unfortunately, money tends to screw that up.

If everybody wants to believe it is "just golf", that it is your prerogative and I will look elsewhere for answers. John Feinstein wrote a great column(s) about current state of college athletics and LIV:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/07/01/ucla-usc-big-ten-expansion/

As with all the conference-jumping that has taken place in this century, this is about one thing: money. This is no different from the golfers who have jumped to the Saudi-financed LIV Golf circuit claiming their goal is to grow the game. Just as the golfers are actually trying to grow their bank accounts, the college administrators are motivated by the welfare of their bottom lines.

Bill Shamleffer,

I totally agree, and I wish I had gone down to the Curtis Cup at Merion.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:10:19 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Tim Martin

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2022, 04:44:47 PM »
JaKa never fails to reel in suckers(that’s a fish before anyone takes the reference personally) with the measliest amount of bait. I predict this thread is nowhere near it’s conclusion and I’m anxiously awaiting more replies. :)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2022, 05:42:19 PM »

Cancelled
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:08:37 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back