News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Every hole at The Renaissance Club - GD video
« on: July 03, 2022, 04:14:07 AM »
GD have just released this video entitled Every Hole at The Renaissance Club - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-AxrdWym3Q
Thought it might be of interest.
Question. Was there always this much rough including bunkers in the rough?
Atb

Tom_Doak

Re: Every hole at The Renaissance Club - GD video
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 11:04:01 PM »
Question. Was there always this much rough including bunkers in the rough?
Atb

All of those bunkers were at least at the edge of the fairway when built.  The fairways were maybe 50% wider on average.  But the client and the membership wanted to attract the tournament and thought it needed to be harder, so they stopped mowing so much.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 03:39:48 AM »
Thanks Tom. I imagine it must be rather frustrating when this kind of thing occurs.
Atb

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 06:07:05 AM »
A very different aesthetic in play at Adare Manor this week.
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Ben Stephens

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 07:42:33 AM »
A very different aesthetic in play at Adare Manor this week.

Adare is essentially a RTJ layout whose holes have been updated by Fazio - wouldn't surprise me if the renovation costs were north of £20m

Going back to the Renaissance having played there in the Renaissance Cup in 2014 - it seems that a lot of trees have been removed since then to open it up - having seen the flythroughs it looks a bit bare

Tom_Doak

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 08:46:35 PM »

Going back to the Renaissance having played there in the Renaissance Cup in 2014 - it seems that a lot of trees have been removed since then to open it up - having seen the flythroughs it looks a bit bare

They have cleared out more trees to make it look more links-y for TV.  The client wanted to do that from the beginning and the planning authorities wouldn’t let him; the politics of that have changed with bringing the tournament to East Lothian.

I have to say, the tournament is a much bigger deal now that it’s a full on PGA Tour event.  I’ve done 4-5 interviews about it this week, which is more than the first three years combined.  They have a strong field coming for it, too.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back