News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Philippe Binette

Will LIV golf change architecture
« on: July 02, 2022, 07:59:03 PM »
I've watched 10 minutes of the LIV Portland event and notice these points:
1- because of the shotgun start, the coverage looked more like formula 1 than golf..
2- the course doesn't matter..  since the coverage is bouncing around from hole to hole...from the 15th to the 2nd to the 11th etc... you don't have time to learn the course and think: OK this player played 14th this way, how will the next group play the hole.
I don't think they wrote down the yardage and the par of the hole... and I doubt they even write down the hole the player is playing.. they write that they are playing the 6th hole of the day (like lap 6 of 18 in racing)

- would that change architecture...might as well have 18 par 4s... or 18 holes with no pars and follow the scoring versus "even fours"... .. would that lead to more 268 yards holes ?

Would that shotgun start format lead to a more even out routing, since starting your round on a 235 yards hole over water is harder than on a 525 yard hole

Niall C

Re: Will LIV golf change architecture
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 08:15:34 PM »
Philippe

A couple of comments;

I haven't watched any of the LIV Tour but from your description I do wonder what is the difference between the LIV coverage jumping about the place and the coverage of the other tours which seem to me to do the same thing ?

I very much doubt that the LIV Tour will have any bearing on gca but if as you suggest that it leads to a less formulaic approach then I'd suggest that might be no bad thing.

Niall

Tom_Doak

Re: Will LIV golf change architecture
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 11:12:12 PM »
I don’t see how it will change anything because I don’t expect any courses will be built specifically as tournament venues for them.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back