GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

OT - Royal Dornoch Set To Create History

(1/3) > >>

David_Tepper:
Hosting the British Senior Amateur for both men and women next week. The first club ever to host both events at the same time.

https://www.northern-times.co.uk/sport/royal-dornoch-golf-club-is-set-to-create-history-next-week-280163/

Garland Bayley:
How will such a small village be able to accommodate all the spectators? ;)
What if the haar rolls in? ;)

David_Tepper:
"How will such a small village be able to accommodate all the spectators?"

Garland -

The bigger problem is just accommodating the almost 300 golfers who will be in town next week for the tournament! There are not enough beds in town these days.

DT

Lou_Duran:
The Coul Links fiasco has lasting impacts.  Four of the B&Bs I've patronized NLE.  In two cases, the ladies were at the age where the bother was too difficult and their kids had no interest in returning to the village to run things.  With no distaste for manufactured housing as in the U.S.- the ubiquitous Caravan Parks- maybe FEMA can sell an enterprising Scot a couple thousand mothballed trailers left from various hurricanes.  One of our friends stayed in the park close to the Coul Links site and he liked it.  With a bowl of hot cereal (rolled oats) going for £18 at the Royal Golf Hotel last October, I can imagine that the "Faulty Towers" rooms will fetch a huge premium.

Colin Macqueen:
Good God Lou!!
A bowl of porridge (rolled oats) for a measly 18 pounds!! To place that on your table for breakfast must have cost all of a shilling......"rolled oats" tastes like "rolled gold" (please note reference to Rolling Stones double LP) to me.
Enterprising Scots, enterprising Scots! Whew .... I'll particularly enjoy my gruel this wet and chilly morning in Oz!
Orra best, Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version