News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

August 28 Update - Fee/Confirmation/Hotel Details have been sent via email for the Midwest Mashie.
Check your email or make sure we have it via Person Messages here on GCA.
PM or Email me if we have you listed in error or have neglected to list you as attending.
Landmand will officially open for public play Sep 3rd. Our Mashie will be taking it over Sep 11/12. I have heard from needing to withdraw which is of course understandable and expected. Watch for confirmation, hotel and payment info via direct email this week.

Also, if you are interested in joining us in Homer at Old Dane, Landmand and Omaha CC, Reply to this thread or send me a direct message here on GCA
We would enjoy having you. Mashies always seem to find a way to fit folks in.

OFFICIAL SIGN UP 2022 MIDWEST MASHIE to LANDMAND and OMAHA CC
Also make sure your GCA Email Forwarding is current

It gets Better - The Mashie is breaking the Event Seal at Landmand and Attendees have Option to play Old Dane and Omaha CC. Mashie-ists will experience the architectural stylings of Will Andersen (Old Dane), King-Collins (Landmand) and Perry Maxwell and Keith Foster (Omaha CC)
The Mashie Committee has been grinding to deliver a quality experience for all involved.

Sign up has been streamlined. This recognizes Mashie regulars and frees them from the Mashie Sign up madness. Historically the Mashie has recently topped out at 30-40 players. This year, we have the entire tee sheet so will likely have room for those that seek to travel to HOMER NEB.

TRAVEL INFO: 30 min from closest Airport SUX (Sioux City, Iowa) about One hour drive from Omaha, NE

PROCESS
1: Previous hosts are grandfathered in. Host one, you'll know why.
2: Previous multiple Mashie attendees received an email from Thurm and were invited to Pre-register.
3: Our extensive Mashie Data Analytics Black Box (Thurm) has verified that based on previous Mashies, it is likely that any GCAer that comes to Homer Nebraska to play golf that Sunday Monday will get a tee time.
4: As the course will not have officially opened to the public, we are currently only holding slots for those registered on GCA, all signups must come thru this GCA registration Page
5: Our Pricing is discounted and out of respect for our hosts, pricing will be shared with those who sign up. Here is the current schedule
6: We will consider non-GCA guests once the list goes through it's normal Signup and Cancel Cycle (The Korbakes Process)

DETAILS
OPTIONAL - PRE-MASHIE SATURDAY SEP 10 2022
Arrival 9 or 18 Hole Friendly
OLD DANE Nine Hole Golf Course, Bar and Grill Old Dane is the inspiration for Landmand and is a tasty 9 hole
02:00pm   Á la carte Lunch at Old Dane
03:00pm   Informal Mashie Friendly 9 or more + Skins
06:00pm   Grill and Hangout at Old Dane

MAIN MASHIE - SUNDAY-MONDAY | SEP 11-12 2022
SUNDAY SEP 11(TEE TIMING SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Arrival
8-9am Food Truck at Landmand Via On Site
10:00am Four Ball Tee times
07:00pm Dinner and chat with Rob and Tad
Based on attendance and facilities, this dinner may be held at Old Dane which is about a 20 Min Drive from Landmand

MONDAY SEP 12
07:30am   Breakfast at Landmand Via On Site Food Truck
08:00am   Singles Tee times
2:00pm     Mashie Wrap and/or Replays

TUESDAY SEP 13 (OPTIONAL BONUS GOLF) OMAHA CC
11:00am TEE TIMES will be available for Mashie Attendees
PRICING TO BE SHARED WITH CONFIRMED ATTENDEES

Other Notes: We have reserved a block of rooms offsite at a reduced rate for LANDMAND AREA.
Hotel Info will be provided to those who confirm sign up.
We HAVE NOT yet explored OMAHA CC Hotels. Stay tuned for more updates.

George, Thurm and I have been working on this for the entirety of COVID. Golf is sold out around the world, even at sh**ty courses so we are ecstactic to have pulled this off. This is a rare opportunity but those of you in the Eastern Time Zone should be aware that we looked very hard at a number of places on the east side of Lake Michigan. We had some close calls but golf is booming, and we were denied. The timing of this Landmand access was fortuitous. We have excellent East of Lake Michigan plans for 2023.

To Sign Up, "REPLY" to the Message with your name and home city (For team assignments)

1   Jason Th
2   Vaughn H
3   George Fr
4   Criss  Ti
5   Pat   C
6   Ryan   H
7   Jeff Sh
8   Jake   M
9   Tyler K
10   Steve S
11   Joe   M
12   John  MC
13   Ken   F
14   Bill  Se
15   Dan   M
16   Bill   St
17   Morgan Cl
18   Buck 
19   Chris St
20   Brian F
21   Frank M
22   Steve Gr
23   Jud  T
24   Bill  MC
25   Josh  W
26   Joe  P
27   Michael W
28   Brad  H
29   Andrew Ca
30   Mark  St
31   Cal  C
32   Alex 
33   MickleStix
34   Doug B
35.  Gary K

Also make sure your GCA Email Forwarding is current
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 12:23:59 AM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

PThomas

Paul Thomas, Oak Lawn IL
197 played, only 3 to go!!

V_Halyard

Paul Thomas, Oak Lawn IL

got it.
(What 6 are left?)
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Cal Carlisle

Cal Carlisle
Shaker Heights, OH

Brad Tufts

Hey Vaughn, this looks amazing!

Brad Tufts
Marblehead, MA
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

V_Halyard

Brad Tufts
Marblehead, MA
Thanks Brad.
Sooooo....
Is this you signing up?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:21:06 PM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

See update at top of thread.
Mashie adds an optional bonus day, Tuesday Sept 13 at Omaha CC

astavrides

Alex S.
Philadelphia, PA

John McCarthy

John McCarthy, Chicago,.  I'll send email. 

And once again, much thanks to all for putting this together.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Jason Thurman

John - you're already on the list!

Alex, weren't you in New Mexico before? Potential blockbuster Team East acquisition in the works here...
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

John McCarthy

Alex, weren't you in New Mexico before? Potential blockbuster Team East acquisition in the works here...

Belt and suspenders, my lad.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Brad Tufts

Brad Tufts
Marblehead, MA
Thanks Brad.
Sooooo....
Is this you signing up?

Yes...let's hope it sticks!!

Unfortunately will not be available 9/13...will be US 4-ball qualifying in RI.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

astavrides

Belt and suspenders, my lad.

Good thought, but leaving off my full last name should be good enough to hold my pants up. I actually don't know where I'll be living at the time of the Mashie. Philly is one possibility.

Michael Chadwick

If I wasn't going to be in Scotland over those dates I'd sign up immediately. Looking forward to another opportunity to put some faces to names on here. Thanks to the organizers for putting in the effort to get us offline! 
Instagram: mj_c_golf

V_Halyard

Brad Tufts
Marblehead, MA
Thanks Brad.
Sooooo....
Is this you signing up?

Yes...let's hope it sticks!!

Unfortunately will not be available 9/13...will be US 4-ball qualifying in RI.

Done Excellent!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:52:04 AM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

Oooooh BradT and Alex, Team East is digging deep into the Free Agent Marketplace!
Dayummmmmmm!

With BT joining the ruckus, I may have to take a look at the Free Agent Declaration Deadline for Alex.
This may go into review!  LOL
 :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:53:11 AM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

If I wasn't going to be in Scotland over those dates I'd sign up immediately. Looking forward to another opportunity to put some faces to names on here. Thanks to the organizers for putting in the effort to get us offline!

Ha ha, Scotland. 

We'll Allow it.

Jay Mickle

Guess who?

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

V_Halyard

Guess who?
The committee recognizes that MickleStix has joined the conversation

Jeff Shelman

As much as I would like to make it, I’m not going to be able to make it this year.

Theresa Stotler

Look like a great venue not enough females t make a foursome ENJOY

V_Halyard

Look like a great venue not enough females t make a foursome ENJOY

Come! Bring some!!! Always welcome and encouraged! Had Pam and Karen at Lawsonia.
For some inexplicable reason, Golf Architecture geekery doesn’t seem to show up on women’s hot lists. 

V_Halyard

Update and confirmation time for the Midwest Mashie.
Landmand will officially open for public play Sep 3rd.
Our Mashie will be taking it over Sep 11/12. I have heard from a few that need to drop which is not unexpected.
All of you that have signed up have responded and we thank you for that.

Watch for confirmation, hotel and payment info via direct email this week.

Also, if you are interested in joining us in Homer at Old Dane, Landmand and Omaha CC, sign up here and we would enjoy having you join.
Historically, the Mashie field usually finds a home for interested gca-ers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:05:46 PM by V_Halyard »

Jay Mickle

Re: CONFIRMATIONS | 2022 Mashie - Landmand|+ Omaha CC | Sun-Tue Sep 11-13
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2022, 11:36:57 AM »
I am IN and looking forward to a great meetup and great golf. I flyinto Omaha on the morning of the 9th and hope to play a local course (perhaps Happy Hollow) in the afternoon (company welcome). Saturday morning I can schedule a tour(as not open to outside play) of Lost Rail. I am also looking for a ride to Old Dane/Landmand From Omaha.I have a ride back to Omaha CC on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 08:17:02 PM by Jay Mickle »
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Doug Bolls

Re: CONFIRMATIONS | 2022 Mashie - Landmand|+ Omaha CC | Sun-Tue Sep 11-13
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »
I just called Landmand and they have a full fleet of golf carts.  Please add me to your list of participants - I will play in all the events.

I will be driving up from Trophy Club, TX - DFW area.  Looking forward to all 3 courses - probably arrive Friday evening.  Hotel info would be appreciated.

Thank You

Doug Bolls 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back