News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Re: CONFIRMATIONS | 2022 Mashie - Landmand|+ Omaha CC | Sun-Tue Sep 11-13
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2022, 04:06:22 PM »
I just called Landmand and they have a full fleet of golf carts.  Please add me to your list of participants - I will play in all the events.

I will be driving up from Trophy Club, TX - DFW area.  Looking forward to all 3 courses - probably arrive Friday evening.  Hotel info would be appreciated.

Thank You

Doug Bolls
Doug you're in!
Will send the Hotel Info directly.
Drive safe and see you soon.
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Brad Tufts

Hey Vaughn, this looks amazing!

Brad Tufts
Marblehead, MA
Thanks Brad.
Sooooo....
Is this you signing up?

Yes...let's hope it sticks!!

Unfortunately will not be available 9/13...will be US 4-ball qualifying in RI.

Sorry folks, I will be unable to make the trip.  It looks awesome and well-planned...hope to check out Landmand sometime soon!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Jason Topp

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2022, 02:24:59 PM »
Vaughn - unfortunately I am going to need to bail out this year.   My September is getting very squeezed with houseguests and the BUDA. 

It looks like a fantastic weekend you have put together.  Have a great time everyone!

V_Halyard

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2022, 08:36:43 PM »
Vaughn - unfortunately I am going to need to bail out this year.   My September is getting very squeezed with houseguests and the BUDA. 

It looks like a fantastic weekend you have put together.  Have a great time everyone!

The Mashie will be out of balance but we shall forge ahead.
Fully understand and you will be missed.
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

V_Halyard

Hey Vaughn, this looks amazing!

Brad Tufts
Marblehead, MA
Thanks Brad.
Sooooo....
Is this you signing up?

Yes...let's hope it sticks!!

Unfortunately will not be available 9/13...will be US 4-ball qualifying in RI.

Sorry folks, I will be unable to make the trip.  It looks awesome and well-planned...hope to check out Landmand sometime soon!

Damn so close . Sorry you cant make iit.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2022, 08:54:59 PM »
Vaughn --

Sorry, but I'm out.

You must have missed my email of a couple of weeks ago.

Apologies for complicating things.

Dan Kelly
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Gary Kurth

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2022, 01:25:58 AM »
Vaughn,

I'm interested in attending the Landmand Mashie.  I live in NW Iowa about 1.5 hours north of Landmand.  I know my membership date here is very recent but I've been a member/lurker for many years.  I did attend the GCA event at Sutton Bay (played in the snow) on the original 18 back in 2005 and hosted by the late Mark Admunson.  I've been around awhile.  I doubt I'll be able to make it to Omaha CC (depends on work schedule).  Please let me know if I can fill a spot.

Thank you.

Gary K

V_Halyard

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2022, 12:27:21 PM »
Vaughn,

I'm interested in attending the Landmand Mashie.  I live in NW Iowa about 1.5 hours north of Landmand.  I know my membership date here is very recent but I've been a member/lurker for many years.  I did attend the GCA event at Sutton Bay (played in the snow) on the original 18 back in 2005 and hosted by the late Mark Admunson.  I've been around awhile.  I doubt I'll be able to make it to Omaha CC (depends on work schedule).  Please let me know if I can fill a spot.

Thank you.

Gary K
Gary, you have a log in.
Love to have you!
Welcome to the dark side.
See you in Homer. Watch your personal email associated with GCA forwarding
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 12:33:22 PM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2022, 12:34:13 PM »
Vaughn --

Sorry, but I'm out.

You must have missed my email of a couple of weeks ago.

Apologies for complicating things.

Dan Kelly
Dan,
No apology necessary.
Just missed it on our end.
no worries and sorry you cant make it but understand!

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »
I'm coming into Omaha at noon on the 11th and flying out the 13th in the evening. I'm missing the Sunday morning round but if anyone has a similar itinerary and wants to share a rental car let me know!

Jay Mickle

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2022, 01:26:20 PM »
I'm coming into Omaha at noon on the 11th and flying out the 13th in the evening. I'm missing the Sunday morning round but if anyone has a similar itinerary and wants to share a rental car let me know!

Missed by a day. I will be headed to Homer on the 10th. As of now I am planning to UBER and catch a ride back to Omaha.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Michael Wolf

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2022, 03:06:03 PM »
edit

astavrides

John - you're already on the list!

Alex, weren't you in New Mexico before? Potential blockbuster Team East acquisition in the works here...

Oooooh BradT and Alex, Team East is digging deep into the Free Agent Marketplace!
Dayummmmmmm!

With BT joining the ruckus, I may have to take a look at the Free Agent Declaration Deadline for Alex.
This may go into review!  LOL
 :D

My move east hasn't happened yet, so I guess I technically still should be on team west. But I've spent about half my life on each side of the Mississippi (assuming that is the dividing line), so either team would make sense.

Just made flight and car res. Looking forward to it (assuming I don't rupture a tendon right before, like last year).

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2022, 05:12:08 PM »

Missed by a day. I will be headed to Homer on the 10th. As of now I am planning to UBER and catch a ride back to Omaha.
Talk to the guys at Landmand about getting a ride on the "Oli Express" to and from Omaha.

Jay Mickle

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2022, 05:41:09 PM »

Talk to the guys at Landmand about getting a ride on the "Oli Express" to and from Omaha.

Thanks, Left a message at Landmand.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Gary Kurth

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2022, 01:58:18 PM »
In the spirit of the "Preparing for playing a course for the first time" thread; Tim Gavrich has a recent review of Landmand at the following link:

https://www.golfpass.com/travel-advisor/articles/new-golf-course-review-landmand-golf-club-in-nebraska

Link to Tim's photos of each hole:

https://www.golfpass.com/travel-advisor/photo-galleries/photos-every-hole-at-the-brand-new-landmand-golf-club

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2022, 07:02:42 PM »
I played Landman today. You guys are going to have fun. It is a big ballpark. Fairways are miles wide and the greens are some of the largest I've ever seen, but you could hit 14 fairways and 18 greens and still not break 80. Buy the yardage book, it is very helpful, and if you don't hold up play drive up and get a good look at the greens. Many of the bunkers are 10 yards or so short of the greens. Use the ground it will be your friend. Stay out of the bunkers they are deep and it takes a while, I think, to get used to them. The greens were pretty slow and the slopes and undulations make distance control difficult. The redan is terrific. It has one of the shortest par threes on the planet and a couple exciting short par fours. Have a great time.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Cal Carlisle

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2022, 06:45:50 AM »
Can someone send the info for next week. I responded to Jason with my email address and haven’t heard anything back.

TIA,

Cal

Heritageprintmakers@gmail.com

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2022, 09:32:28 AM »
Just left. Do not go beyond your ball to see what lies ahead. There is only one big surprise and you’ll never know you missed it if you already know it’s there.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2022, 11:02:31 PM »
Announcing pairings and tee times for tomorrow's first round (specific handicap allotments to be determined by each group using GHIN app and a little common sense for the guys who don't keep an active index):

Match 1: 11a CT
Clawson and Bolls (West)
vs
Carlisle and Fry (East)

Match 2: 11:10
Freeman and Greif (West)
vs
Marvin and Mickle (East)

Match 3: 11:20
Halyard and Hill (West)
vs
Melchiors and Perches (East)

Match 4: 11:30
Kearns and Kurth (West)
vs
Salman and Steele (East)

Match 5: 11:40
McCarthy and Moore (West)
vs
Stavrides and Thurman (East)

Match 6: 11:50
Sekulic and Zoske (West)
vs
Titschinger and Woodward (East)
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2022, 11:58:59 PM »
Reminder of tomorrow's pairings and tee times (each match listed West vs East):

Group 1 - 9a
Match 1: McCarthy vs Steele
Match 2: Moore vs Titschinger

Group 2 - 9:10a
Match 3: Hill vs Salmen
Match 4: Zoske vs Carlisle

Group 3 - 9:20
Match 5: Kurth vs Fry
Match 6: Greif vs Melchiors

Group 4 - 9:30
Match 7: Halyard vs Woodward
Match 8: Freeman vs Thurman

Group 5 - 9:40
Match 9: Kearns vs Perches
Match 10: Sekulic vs Marvin

Group 6 - 9:50
Match 11: Clawson vs Stavrides
Match 12: Bolls vs Mickle
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

John McCarthy

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2022, 10:49:40 PM »
I left early (again).

Who won?
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Jay Mickle

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2022, 10:35:34 AM »
 :) As expected East prevailed.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

John McCarthy

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2022, 07:20:27 PM »
Dammit!
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

John McCarthy

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2022, 07:32:46 PM »
Despite the loss, it was a wonderful weekend of golf and camaraderie.  Being partnered with Dan Moore, I may have contributed a hole, and watching him shot level par on a course we never saw before filled with blind shots, massive false fronts and giant breaks - Moore is made of stern stuff.  Thanks for having me along for the ride.

My opponent Monday was Bill Steele.  About the nicest round of golf possible.  I had some luck. And surprisingly few rules arguments for 3/4 of the group being lawyers.  And Tisslinger taking down Moore, lowering his handicap 2 strokes in the process: impressed.  It was all due to my cart navigation.

To the Committee and the Captains: Bravo!  To the staff of the club: Bravo!  To the town of Sioux City: Bravo!  Nice town.
 PG Wodehouse

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back