News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Sherma

Just finished a great trip to the Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal County, Ireland. Went with my 15 year old son with the trip planned to be 60-40 golf-touring. To add to the fun I played with the following retro set of clubs:

Driver: 1952 George Sayers persimmon
4 & 5 woods: 1970's Toney Penna persimmon
4-9 & 11 irons: MacGregor M2T CF4000
Putter: Early 1950's hickory shafted Otey Chrisman HB-2 mallet

- the driver and putter were my dad's and the Penna's and MacGregors I used back in the 1980's.

We planned on playing three courses during the trip. Greencastle Golf Club, North West GC and Buncrana GC. We ended up adding on the inimitable Ballyreagh par 3 course outside of Portrush after touring the Giant's Causeway. We were based in Moville for 5-nights and then Buncrana for two nights.

I'll expound on the individual courses and travel bits in individual posts but have some general thoughts here:

The trip was everything that we were looking for. Clearly, these are courses that are not on may overseas traveler's itineraries (North West GC mentioned that some American's were there the previous week, outside of that comment we did not see any evidence of other tourists).

Playing links golf with retro-equipment was some of the most fun I've had playing the game in a long time. The day after flying home to Pennsylvania I played at my home club with my regular equipment and was shocked how pedestrian the experience was. The soft turf and fast greens and modern equipment did nothing to increase my engagement with or the fun of the game.

The retro equipment added some scale back to the courses, but not as much as you would think as I can still get the persimmon driver out there pretty well. Also, the pinched 11-iron wedge shots off of tight turf that I honed-in over the course of the trip does not work at all on soft tight fairways. I had to purge that swing from my arsenal quickly.

My best single round was a 77 on North West GC in a nice 1 to 1.5 club wind that challenged without being too rough. If I had made a few putts I really could have put something special on the card.

Best Course: North West GC - I am a big fan of flat bumpy links courses and North West is that in spades. The maintenance was perfect for the course with the Fescues between the fairways a perfect half to three-quarter penalty while being able to consistently find the ball without too much effort with a few exceptions of low spots that likely held water better and were a bit thicker. North West is not really big enough for good modern players (6,370 yards form the back tees on a very tight piece of ground), although I am not sure that the course would not hold it's own given a little wind.

Most Fun: Buncrana GC - Some of the craziest greens I've seen - just a lot of fun that must drive you crazy if you're trying to grind a score on it.

Best Views: Greencastle GC on Lough Foyle is simply beautiful. I put it up there with Dooks and Crail as places that you just are happy to be at. There is also pretty good golf to be had at all three as well.

Biggest Surprise: The city of Derry/Londonderry - I was debating about spending time there given the sad history and no real positive input from anyone prior to the trip. After talking to a couple locals early on we ended up spending the better part of a gorgeous day walking around the city walls and doing some shopping and tourist stuff. You could see some impacts from covid in some closed store fronts, but in general the town was very welcoming and pleasant.

All in all a great trip. Reinforced my assessment that "great" is overrated many ways and certainly almost always overpriced. My son had a great time and it seems like the golf bug got planted much more deeply than it was prior to the trip. I'll add more depth to all of this over the next week or so. If one is making the trip up to Ballyliffin, Portsalon, or the Antrim Coast courses these courses would be a nice add on that would not add much to the total cost of the trip while adding some very solid days out.

More to come...   
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 09:45:21 AM by Jim Sherma »

Dan_Callahan

Re: Inishowen Gems - Greencastle GC, North West GC and Buncrana GC
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 10:37:32 AM »
Thanks for the report, Jim. I'll be in that area from mid-July to early August to play St. Patrick's (along with a few others) and have added North West to my list.

jeffwarne

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 12:44:37 PM »
Great post. Glad you had a great trip.
Great info on Derry/Londonderry

Greencastle below

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

jeffwarne

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 12:45:34 PM »

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Jim Sherma

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 02:50:38 PM »
Jeff - Nice photo from the back of Greencastle's 12th green. Motivates me for my next post:

Moville and Greencastle:

After our clubs missed the transfer in Heathrow (no real surprise there) and the mayhem in the baggage return at Dublin's airport British Air delivered them to our B&B in Moville around 8:00 that evening. Must admit that I was amazed by that. They must have been sending vans towards all points of the country getting people their bags.

We stayed at Barron's B&B on the main square and it was fairly basic while being clean, quiet, and pleasant - exactly what we were looking for. I think it is safe to say that we were the only Americans in Moville for the 5 days that we stayed there and there was enough good food around to keep us well fed. Not much to do in the town itself, but it was a nice low key home base during our stay.

Best Food Recommendations: The Boat House in Redcastle and The Captain's Table in Greencastle.

Greencastle GC: Beautiful location with some solid golf. I have seen an original attribution to Eddie Hackett while I am sure that a lot of work has been done since then. They are clearly doing more work and it is quite nice. in the front entryway they had a brochure from "On-Site Golf Design" owned and directed by David Minogue so I assume that he is leading the recent round of work. The club is very pleasant and low key. Not surprisingly the appear to draw a lot of it's weekend play from Derry/Londonderry based on the number of NI plates in the lot. 

The website gallery is much nicer than any of the pictures I took and can be linked here: https://greencastlegolfclub.com/gallery/

The turf is linksy towards the lough but it gets a little meadow-ish as you move up the hill on the front 9. Some holes to note follow - I include the specific link from the gallery where there is one:

4 - Short par 4 (307/318) with a hard tilt from high-left to low-right. There is OB left with a public beach 20 feet or so below the drop-off. The green is extremely tilted left to right with at least 4-5 feel from high to low spot. two fairway bunkers guard the preferred right side of the fairway.

5 - Gorgeous long par 3 (188/199) over a rocky inlet to a green that has a spine separating the right and left sections as well as other internal movement. There is room to thread and feed a ball in from the right.

6 - This is a new hole. There are two abandoned par 3's that you walk past in the first 10 holes and the replacements are 6 and 7. The sixth is a short par 4 (311/324) with a drive over a rocky inlet from the left of the 5th green. Two bunkers guard the right side of the fairway and the choice is to lay up short of the bunkers leaving a wedge to the green that backs up against the OB-rocks it or try to thread a drive up the left along the rocks and sneak it up onto the green.

After the new 7th you play a stretch of holes on higher land that along with number 2 is a less links like in nature. The 8th plays down to the linksy soil at the green but you don't really get back to it until the par 3 11th.

11 - Cool par 3 (181/171) that plays blind over a grown over bank an you can just see the top of the flagstick. The green sits right between a drainage burn that piped under the very front of the green and a steep ridge that is all lost ball overgrowth. Tough hole that is very unique.

12 - Best hole on the course - gorgeous drive over an inlet leaving a blind shot to a sunken green. Photos describe it better than I can.
The run in from the 12th is good golf without anything that really stands out. The 13th through the 16th go back and forth across a nice piece of linksy turf that has some broader movement but not a lot of micro contours. The pick of these is the 14th that plays down into a depression and then back up to a nice plateau green. 15 is nice downhill par 3 followed a good longer par 4 along the boundary. 17 is a funky dogleg that could be played many ways depending on where you want to take the risk while 18 is a downhill par 3 that is a nice end to the round. 
We had two rounds of solid wind and I'm guessing that Greencastle is a windy spot in general. Greencastle is not a "great" course by any means, but it is a lovely spot to play some golf and be challenged by fun shots and greens that have good movement. The wind, overall better than acceptable conditions, and some exceptional holes along the coastline will make me come back if I'm anywhere in the area.

The conditions were nice and firm and while some work to promote more fescues and minimize the broad leaf grasses would help, that is admittedly splitting hairs. the club is investing in itself and I imagine that it will continue to improve moving forward. 

Some tourist stuff:

While staying in Moville we drove up to Malin Head, the most northerly point of Ireland. It is one of the most incredible places I've ever seen. Parts of Star Wars #8 were filmed there and I strongly recommend the drive out to it. We also spent a day after going across Lough Foyle on the ferry to Northern Ireland to see the Giant's Causeway. While over there we played the Ballyreagh Par 3 Course. There are 3 or 4 really good holes right along the cliff tops west of Portrush. Probably as good a golf value for 10 Euros that you will ever find.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:16:13 PM by Jim Sherma »

Jim Sherma

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 02:24:49 PM »
On to Buncrana - After 5 nights in Moville we decamped for the Western shores of the Inishowen peninsula and the Town of Buncrana. Buncrana is a very pleasant town with a nice main street that has a selection shops, bars and restaurants. Lough Swilly is one of three fjords in Ireland and Buncrana is a beautiful location to spend some time. The town's claim to fame seems to be that it is the landing spot of the seaman who wrote the lyrics to Amazing Grace.

We stayed at the Innishowen Gateway Hotel & Conference Center taking advantage of their "Stay & Play" package. This included breakfast and dinner along with a round at each North West GC and Buncrana GC for each night we stayed. The hotel backed right onto Buncrana GC with our 2nd floor room overlooking the course out towards the Lough. The food was quite good and the hotel even had a pool and jacuzzi for our use. Definitely a nice change of pace and worth the extra few Euro's we could have saved by staying at a B&B and booking the golf ourselves.

North West GC: As stated in the OP I have a strong personal bias for this type of course. Flattish firm links with good natural rolls and a bit of funkiness. The course sticks out into Lough Swilly on a triangular piece of links land bounded by the old rail line that is now R238, the main road out of Buncrana headed south. There might be 10-15 feet of elevation between the highest and lowest points and with the rolling/bumpy movement you end up with a lot of semi-blind shots where you don't see the landing areas in any clear way. There are only a few shots on the course that have any real sense of moving up or down hill. The club's logo is the city crest of Derry/Londonderry. City residents founded the club and still make up a meaningful part of the membership according to a club officer we played with one of the days.

The maintenance was perfect for the course. The greens were smooth and fast enough given the wind and amount of internal movement. While the greens were not wild by any means there was sufficient internal movement to consistently drive interest and some examples of more dramatic features that really stood out. While the rough along the course boundaries was quite thick for the most part the internal fescues between the fairways were a nice 1/4 to 3/4 shot penalty with a reasonable ability to find you ball without too many issues. It got thicker in some areas but these tended to be on steeper slopes or lower areas where more water might be available for the turf.   

A map of the course and drone tour is on the club's web page: https://www.northwestgolfclub.com/the-course

Holes of note:

3 - par 3 (152/162 yards): The first of a real good set of par 3's. The green is elevated a few feet above tightly mown turf to the left and long - the banks are steep. The bunker short left is a good miss and landing it short right is probably the daily play for members.   

4 - par 4 (330/343 yards): Really good short par-4. Your decision off the tee is between 1: lay up short of a pinch point defined by the fairway bunker that pinches in from the right and a mound that has some deep fescue on it, or 2: hit driver up the gap between the right bunker and a fescue and gorse covered ridge along the left of the fairway all the way up to the green. The green is elevated with a steep false front and tight firm run-offs left, long or right. If you lay up getting an approach to stop on the green will require something releasing up from short of the green unless you're playing into a pretty good wind. My son pounded two good drives up the gully and had fairly simple chip shots up the false front.

7 - par 4 (405/424 yards): unique par 4 with the decision on the drive being to lay up short of a pinch in the fairway where it drops down into a depression between two nobs covered by some of the deeper fescue rough on the course (the upper part of the fairway to the right of the depression as shown in the drone footage does not seem to be maintained with as much width up there at the moment). The first day I hit driver not knowing what was up there and ended up perfectly in the depression leaving myself 170 yards or so into the wind. The second day knowing what was up there I hit a lay up leaving me a solid 5-wood from 200 yards out. The green is one of the more interesting on the course.

11 - par 4 (349/373 yards): An elevated tee allows a nice visual down the length of the links. There is a burn right in front of the green with members parking behind the green. On the first day the hole played downwind and I had a tight lie pinch wedge from 70 yards or so, very nervy shot. The second day we were into the wind and a nice full wedge from 100 in the first cut of rough was much easier. I can easily see this hole being interesting day in day out as you need to choose what approach you're most comfortable with given that day's conditions.

12 - par 4 (421/434 yards): This is a neat par 4 with the rather bland flat view on the tee box giving little away in terms of what's to come. Once you pick a line somewhere between the fescues lining either side of the fairway you get up the fairway and the fairway starts heaving down to a sunken green with only a marker pole to identify the proper line. There are a couple of bunkers and some firm slopes. two times around did not give me any idea as to the best way to approach this hole.

14 - par 4 (329/349): Blind tee shot over a direction marker to an up and over fairway, hit well you and you end up with a gorgeous downhill approach to a two tier green that bunches up into a dune. Really lovely stuff here.

16 - par 3 (90/93 yards): Devilish 90 yard par 3 with trouble everywhere around the green and some slopes on the green that will just shoot you off the green if you land on them - the members I spoke with see this as one of the standout holes on the links. On top of the obvious pots and slopes you don't even have complete visibility of the green and it's surrounds from the tee.

17 - par 4 (397/407):  The only real dog-leg and it is also the only time that you feel like you are playing uphill through the whole round. Easily the hole with the most sense of scale off of the tee, and also one of the few where you can see both your tee ball and your approach land and run out. 

After playing the par 5 18th back towards the club house you can head up to the second floor bar that overlooks the lough and the links for a nice pint. North West GC is a very solid course that challenges you on every swing while being fun and playable. If I wanted to nitpick I would say that if the fescues lining the fairways become too overgrown it could get really tight really quickly, especially if you get the wind running across the course instead of primarily along the holes. I could say that the views are not dramatic enough and that there are too many blind or semi-blind shots that visually have a kind of sameness. I could say that the course is too tightly hemmed into a small plat of land and that it's too short for serious competitions. However, none of these critiques override all of the great positives of the course and the club. North West GC is a fine example that golf doesn't have to be flashy or complicated to make for a great day on the links.

Next up Buncrana GC.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 05:06:34 PM »
Jim,

Sounds like a great trip.

A link to North West GC photo tour to add further context to your comments:

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,49732.msg1559227.html#msg1559227

David Kelly

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 10:09:15 PM »
I had the pleasure of playing North West GC last summer.  They get a ton out of that tight property and I didn't really feel that the holes encroached on each other very much.  There was a hole - the 12th, I think - where I thought I had caught up with a foursome and waited for them to clear the green only to find out that they were playing the 7th green directly behind the 12th.

While I was at NWGC, I met the professional, Brian McElhinney, who won the Amatuer Championship in 2005 at Royal Birkdale.[size=inherit][/size]
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Charles Lund

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 02:08:30 AM »
I just spent Monday and Tuesday in Dublin waiting to see if British Air found my golf travel bag.  They delivered it last night.  Am heading to Donegal this morning.

Will play Ballyliffin courses and see friends there.  Also playing Murvagh, St. Patrick's and Sandy Hills.  Might add The Old Tom Morris course or Portsalon.

Have played North West a couple of times in the past - an renjoyable experience.  Might call over again.

Charles Lund

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:47:30 PM by Charles Lund »

jeffwarne

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 07:36:34 AM »

All in all a great trip. Reinforced my assessment that "great" is overrated many ways and certainly almost always overpriced. My son had a great time and it seems like the golf bug got planted much more deeply than it was prior to the trip. I'll add more depth to all of this over the next week or so. If one is making the trip up to Ballyliffin, Portsalon, or the Antrim Coast courses these courses would be a nice add on that would not add much to the total cost of the trip while adding some very solid days out.

This.
The over priced meter is an even better gauge of an authentic local experience.
If the market is allowing the to charge a rate that one round is a high percentage of annual subscription, it's a pretty good sign that the course will be over run with tourists and the soon to come tourist "amenities" that detract from the experience.
I'm always stunned Northwest is devoid of tourists and is truly an authentic experience , as are the other two courses profiled.
I made a hole-in-one on the 7th on a dreary, drizzly Sunday afternoon with the course mostly empty-by the time we finished, the entire town had showed up for drinks. Thankfully our group had a hole-in-one pool.
When we later went to a pub in town,word had spread, and the opposite effect occurred, and I wasn't allowed to pay for anything.

RE: your comments on Nothwest at 6370 yards-First, they actually let anyone play from any tees they want, unlike the marquee courses that have you playing about 80%of the actual course and are often maxed near 6000 yards for tourists(despite fake back tees never used except for Champonships)

In a two-three club wind it is quite the challenge.
We played two years in a row with the club champ, a supposed "2" hdcp , who absolutely schooled us on hitting lazers in crosswinds, and the rough comes up quick on those firm, twisting fairways in a 20 mph crosswind, which has been generally the wind most times I have played. It's a deceptive total yardage,for sure.

Have only played Buncrana GC once, but I remember a local pub right on the doorstep of the course, and a great local vibe as we ended up playing with the owners of the downtown pub we had been in the night after the ace. I don't remember performing very well that day...On another trip,my son and I stayed a night in the Inishowen Hotel, overlooking the course, but we didn't play Buncrana GC that trip as it was merely a 4 day trip and we both took ill for a day to boot.

Northwest GC

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:39:35 AM by jeffwarne »

Jim Sherma

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 11:46:10 AM »
Alas we get to the last course on the trip - Buncrana GC. A 9 hole course that dates back to 1891 and sits on a tight piece of links land hemmed in by the town and the Lough Swilly. There are no good photos on the website to refer to so I will have to do the best I can in describing the joyous madness of this course.

First off, the greens are exceptional, as good as any putting surfaces I've played in Ireland. Firm, smooth and faster than you would expect, or even desire in places. They are also generally small and with a lot of contour and tilt. The turf on the course is definitely more broad leaf meadow grasses than fescue but still fairly firm. The rough is thick to get through. At 20 Euros for an adult and 10 Euros for a kid (unlimited play) this is high value and high fun. Now, to the course - the two yardages are for the front 9/back 9 tees - mostly similar with with a couple of meaningful differences):

1: par 4 (280/280 yards): Straight away drive with a boundary on the left. A couple of bunkers are cut into a small ridge that obscures the green at around 200 yards. The green is small running and tilted front to back and defended with two bunkers short of the green and drop-offs long and right. While there they were expanding the left fairway bunker. One guy with a shovel and heavy rake cutting out the new edge and simply breaking up the sandy sub soil for the bunker sand. Links golf is great.

2: par 3 (159/159): The two tees are distinct even though they play the same yardage. The back 9 tee is to the left of the front 9 tee and elevated 10 feet or so, makes for a quite different visual on the tee shot. Pretty straight forward hole to a green guarded by 4 bunkers. Definitely the hole most likely to be seen somewhere else.

3: par 3 (240/240): A long par 3 disguising a short par 4.5. The tee shot plays slightly uphill to a green that is very small and tucked into a dell underneath and to the left of the first green. In fact, assuming that you have the distance to reach the green it is much more likely that you will land on the first green than the 3rd green. The green is very small and running back to front with some internal contours. It sits in a small deep sided bowl open towards the tee. The green surrounds are covered by thick broad-leaf grasses that will not release the ball back down onto the putting surface and leave really tough hack-out pitches from steeply down-hill lies. Daily play would likely be a lay-up over the road followed by a chip and a putt. Averaging 4 over many plays would likely beat the field. 

4: par 4 (285/285): Short par 4 with quite a bit going on. Pretty wide fairway with a bank of gorse left and high rough pinching in from the right as you move up the slope approaching the green. A burn has to be carried at around 180 yards into a fairly steep uphill slope. Into a heavy wind this would be a nervy tee shot. The pitch to the green is uphill with a ridge across the green over which the green is blind and running away from the golfer to a tightly mown chipping area behind the green.

5: par 5 (487/596): Significant difference between the two tees. Par 5 with the lough running along the entire left side. The fun is the green that has a false front and then rises up at the back making any shots that go through the firm green quite challenging. Being the hole closest to the lough it is quite firm short of the green and weighting a ball and getting it to stop on the front half of the green over the false front is very challenging. I played it with a front right pin placement that easily de-greened a chip from behind the green one day and returned a chip from in front of the green that didn't quite get up high enough the another day.

6: par 3 (128/128): A 128 yard dogleg blind par 3 to an elevated green that has some significant contour driven by a spine coming off of the left side. The tee is pushed back into a corner of the property. The hole goes over the corner of what looks like the local waste treatment plant with some trees along the fence. You can only see the very right edge of knob that the green is perched on. Anything short or left is left on a tight lie 4-5 feet below the green surface and anything too far eight leaves you chipping uphill to a green that running away from you. Not the prettiest property corner to hit over, but definitely funky and unique.

7: par 4 (335/357): The seventh and eight holes share a fairway. It's not two fairways that cross, but actually a single fairway that you hit to from either end of. The fairway for the 7th slopes high-left to low-right. The green is up on a little plateau with a bunker cut 30 yards short of the green adding some interest. If your tee shot falls down the slope to the right the second is blind out of some thick rough. Once again the green has some nice contours.

8: par 4 (357/357): The eighth tees off from the side and slightly behind the seventh green. From this angle the fairway is tilted high-right to low-left. The ground is more severe in the landing area of the 8th with the 1st tee box in play for a pushed drive. The madness that the 8th green is can't be adequately explained by words. The green is to the right of the 7th tee up on another pedestal. As you get past towards the green the fairway crests over the high spot that the first tee sits and ends up on a flatter spot short of the green. From this spot you are staring at a 15-20 foot tall very steep wall of fairway. This is the front of the knob that the green rests upon. The high point of the knob is the very front that you're approaching over. From that point is goes steeply downhill for the 30 yards of the green with drop-offs on either side and behind. There are no flat spots to stop it on and it is steep. Somewhere around 5-8 feet of drop I would say with some variations along the tilt flattening a bit towards the back. I have no idea what shot could possibly hold on the green unless you were playing into a solid wind that you could really get a ball with a lot of spin to drop straight down. There is also out of bounds 12 paces or so over the green. I hit two good shots into this green, one ended up in the one bunker at the back right of the green and the other ran out long left to a decent spot of light rough 5 or so feet below the green. Made bogey from both, did not feel like they were bad outcomes. This green is madness. Playing a medal round here and having to get through this hole twice surely brought ruin to many good cards. However I certainly want to play it again and try to figure out something that works, and I'm not sure there is one.

9: par 3 (107/107): Pitch shot to a green whose left edge sits 3 feet from a boundary fence and just short of the entrance road and clubhouse. Interestingly there is a large ridge running front to back from the right bunker straight to the back of the green. The ridge is easily a foot high and putting across it must be challenging. The right side of the green has the bunker to clear and drop-offs to the right. The left side has the boundary fence and a front bunker that you have to weight a ball over to get it to stop anywhere on the front half of the green.

So that's Buncrana GC. Par 66 - 4,865 yards of quirk and mayhem. If I had to put up a score I would not choose this course. Neither of our two playings involved any significant wind and it was still challenging and engaging. I would certainly pick North West as a daily play but I'm sure that I'd still get a bunch of rounds in here for the sheer fun of it. Match play would be a blast for sure.

As far as 9-hole Irish links courses go, I've played Buncrana, Mulranny and Castlegregory. The in-town vibe of Buncrana is the complete opposite of Mulranny's and Castlegregory's sense of remoteness. The full Mulranny experience is likely the pick of this litter, but based simply on the golf and the fun Buncrana is right there and well worth a stop.

Great trip and always looking forward to my next adventure.

Charles Lund

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 06:07:29 PM »

Quote snipped[/size]

'The over priced meter is an even better gauge of an authentic local experience.
[/color][/size]If the market is allowing the to charge a rate that one round is a high percentage of annual subscription, it's a pretty good sign that the course will be over run with tourists and the soon to come tourist "amenities" that detract from the experience."

i started coming to this area and Donegal back in 2009 and did a total of 13 trips, with the last being in autumn of 2018.  I arrived in Letterkenny this afternoon and have a tee time at Murvagh tomorrow, a club I played once orvtwice on each trip, beginning in 2012.  It will be interesting to compare the then versus now at the club I am most familiar with when Ibam there in a few days. 

The Valley Course in Portrush had an endearing quality and is still relatively affordable and accessible, so I may go there one day.  Portsalon shows rates of 100 Euros.  I got a package at Rosapenna for two nights and two rounds (St. Patrick's and Sandy Hills) that was not a major departure from the kind of value I found years ago in this area.

Charles Lund

The posts on this thread describe the most enjoyable aspects of an authentic Irish golf experience. 
[/color]

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back