GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Yikes...Phil was right...PGA tour elects to compete with LIV

(1/5) > >>

cary lichtenstein:
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-players-meeting-travelers-championship-changes-to-fall-schedule

Steve Lang:
 8)  Monahan must have called his mentor Finchem for advise... Finchem likely said: "well, we co-opted Norman once, why not do it again!"

Erik J. Barzeski:
Phil wasn't right about a bunch of things, and… of course the PGA Tour is reacting. Did you expect them to just sit by and do nothing?

Also, why is this yet another new topic?

cary lichtenstein:
This is a new topic because the old Phil topic was yesterday's news, whereas this is a major new development, totally unexpected (by me). It won't stop the movement of the older player to LIV, but should prevent the younger stars from jumping ship. It will be interesting to see if LIV has a counter move.

Steve_ Shaffer:

While not history it’s historical. I received a phone call from a source that should have direct knowledge that the Saudi Investment Fund has made a substantial offer to acquire the DP European Tour & that the DP Tour has countered. He believes that the PGA Tour is trying to enter in that negotiation and possibly buy the DP Tour.

Second to that the Saudi Golf Investment Fund has offered NBC $300m to acquire the Golf Channel.

I do not have a second source, but my contact is very close to the situation. From While not history it’s historical. I received a phone call from a source that should have direct knowledge that the Saudi Investment Fund has made a substantial offer to acquire the DP European Tour & that the DP Tour has countered. He believes that the PGA Tour is trying to enter in that negotiation and possibly buy the DP Tour.

Second to that the Saudi Golf Investment Fund has offered NBC $300m to acquire the Golf Channel.

I do not have a second source, but my contact is very close to the situation.  From Connor T. Lewis of Society of Golf Historians

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version