News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

New Projects
« on: June 22, 2022, 11:45:36 AM »
Lot of interesting items popping up:

1.  DMK will be designing the Dormie Club project in Sand Hills

2.  Castle Stuart being purchased by a known name to this group with a new architect potentially designing a second course.

3.  Fourth course at Streamsong named with new routing provided.

Steve_Roths

Re: New Projects
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 11:47:45 AM »
The Castle Stuart item was posted on Twitter and then retweeted and then deleted by both parties.  So, I think it was tied into a walk through of a project in the Pacific and word leaked.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 11:50:54 AM »
Adam will know this…

… but did Castle Stuart already have permitting for the second course? Originally. Thad Layton was hired as designer I think.

Joe Zucker

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 02:29:10 PM »
Adam will know this…

… but did Castle Stuart already have permitting for the second course? Originally. Thad Layton was hired as designer I think.

When I was there last month, they had a miniature model with a layout for a second course sitting right inside the entryway to the pro shop.  They didn't seem to be hiding the idea/hope of a second course.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 03:51:28 PM »
Adam will know this…

They owned the land and the routing was sorted but I don’t know whether they had planning permission
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 03:56:03 PM »
From the very beginning Castle Stuart was planned to be a 36-hole complex. That model inside the clubhouse has been there from day 1.

I think the hiring of Thad Layton was based on the Palmer group investing money in the project. My understanding is that fell thru (or at least was pushed to the back burner) when AP passed away

Joe Z. - 

When you were there last month, was there any news about the 9-hole par-3 course? I thought that course was pretty much built and grown in even before Mark Parsinen passed away.

DT

David Jones

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »
Adam will know this…

They owned the land and the routing was sorted but I don’t know whether they had planning permission

Permission was granted last year.

You can see the routing that was part of the application here -

https://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/files/305866B7D3FDB0D2A29AA9EB77D4754C/pdf/19_02933_FUL-SITE_LAYOUT_PLAN_-_SITE_PLAN_WITH_OUTLINE_COURSE_LAYOUT-1850302.pdf

Tom_Doak

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 07:29:58 PM »

I think the hiring of Thad Layton was based on the Palmer group investing money in the project. My understanding is that fell thru (or at least was pushed to the back burner) when AP passed away

Joe Z. - 

When you were there last month, was there any news about the 9-hole par-3 course? I thought that course was pretty much built and grown in even before Mark Parsinen passed away.

DT

That's correct.  As David says, the second 18 was approved for construction.

I saw the par-3 course when I was up there last fall . . . it was still in grow-in, probably ready to play sometime this summer.  It's very compact.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back