News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Erik J. Barzeski

Re: Nick Faldo
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2022, 09:25:55 PM »
Erik, what was the point of that detour? He was short off the tee when he was 38/39 years old compared to the field that week? Thanks for the data. I'm sure Norman and Herron bring it up at parties.
The topic is Nick Faldo retiring as an announcer. So… there was no detour.

To the posters that made fun of the Nance/Nantz misspelling: not one of you mentioned that it should be SIR Nick Faldo. ;) 
I'm not British. I don't recognize knights.  :)

One female caddie has won a major. One female caddie is in the HOF.
Fanny didn't win a major. She carried the bag for the guy who won the major.  ;)  (See also: recent Billy Foster talk.)

Pretty sure the next thing you’ll hear is the weak fields he played against…..
Troll better, Rob. The fields when Nick played were stronger than when Jack played. Which were stronger than when Hogan played. Which were stronger than when Hagen played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4d-vQOnop0
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Will Lozier

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2022, 10:36:14 AM »
Jim Nance was a fullback who played for the Patriots in the AFL.  He was the league MVP in 1996.  He came from a long line of Syracuse University running backs, and was also an NCAA heavyweight wresting champion.  He might have been the Bo Jackson of his day.

1996?

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2022, 12:37:53 AM »
Browsing quickly I didn't see anyone mention Bella Collina northwest of Orlando.  Pretty sure that is a Faldo design, although interestingly enough I didnt see a peep on their website.  A very uninspired and unenjoyable course built around a private club facility that looks like a small Italian village.  It was going to be super private and super high dollar.  One of those places where they held a lottery for people to have the "privilege" of getting to buy a lot.  I know the club went through some very tough times and I am not sure what the status is now, but I see stay and play packages.

I've played it a couple times because people I was traveling with wanted to.  But I remember thinking I would not want to play it every day, and I certainly wouldn't spend the $$ they were originally thinking to be a member.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back