News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robin_Hiseman

Re: Shortest Unique Shot in Golf
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 04:08:38 AM »
I'd say it has to be the flop shot over the wall into The Pit at North Berwick. May only be 8-10 yards.
2023: Aberdovey, Liphook, Mill Ride (x9), Hillside, Lytham, Delamere Forest, Formby, Birkdale, Carya, Maxx Royal, Cleeve Hill, Sunny (Old & New), West Byfleet, Hoylake, East Berks, RSG, West Sussex, Hollinwell (x2), Alwoodley, JCB (x2), Beau Desert, Painswick (x2), Stranahan, Belfry (Brab & PGA)

Niall C

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 05:00:30 AM »
I'd say it has to be the flop shot over the wall into The Pit at North Berwick. May only be 8-10 yards.

Nonsense - surely it's the 4th at Silloth when you've missed the green to the left and land in the dip and then chip over the green and land in the dip on the other side ?  ;D

Niall

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 06:07:00 AM »

Nonsense - surely it's the 4th at Silloth when you've missed the green to the left and land in the dip and then chip over the green and land in the dip on the other side ?  ;D

Niall

Not unique in the slightest...in my experience!
2023: Aberdovey, Liphook, Mill Ride (x9), Hillside, Lytham, Delamere Forest, Formby, Birkdale, Carya, Maxx Royal, Cleeve Hill, Sunny (Old & New), West Byfleet, Hoylake, East Berks, RSG, West Sussex, Hollinwell (x2), Alwoodley, JCB (x2), Beau Desert, Painswick (x2), Stranahan, Belfry (Brab & PGA)

archie_struthers

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 07:01:32 AM »
 8)

Surely the pitch to the 8th at Pine Valley is sinfully delicious.

Michael Felton

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2022, 08:11:09 AM »
as were the next two shots... ;) ::) :'(

I'm pretty sure they weren't...

How about this for a unique short shot: https://www.golfchannel.com/video/british-open-1983-hale-irwin-royal-birkdale

Kyle Harris

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »
8)

Surely the pitch to the 8th at Pine Valley is sinfully delicious.

Agreed.

But is it unique? How does it differ from a similar look at Fenway?

I also thought about the DA as compared to the road hole bunker but the Road Hole bunker has the added trouble behind the putting green that the DA lacks.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 12:19:08 PM »
The shot into Dannebrog's 2nd. A par -3 w a sand green inside a grain silo...
See pic here  https://visitnebraska.com/dannebrog/dannebrog-country-club

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2022, 12:22:50 PM »

#10 at Ingleside.  I threw a ball for a tap in birdie there once!

drop zone on the green?
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »
Not a regular shot, but a recovery shot, Fazio had that cave in the fw at Barton Creek, which, if found, would be among the most unusual shots to be played, perhaps involving beating a Texas rattlesnake to death before playing.....
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

JJShanley

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »

Especially if someone else in the group gets to use putter from a similar position.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2022, 07:19:26 AM »
The 9th at Cabot Cliffs has to be in the conversation.  I once played CL with a woman who serves on the Colo Exec USGA committee who took one look her 70 yard downhill tee shot, grabbed her putter and putted it onto the green!

Stephen Pellegrino

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2022, 08:38:03 AM »
The 2nd at TCC. It only plays that way four days every 20 years or so.

Your comment is not even close to being accurate. The Open Course is played a couple/several times per month. Has been for decades…

Ira Fishman

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2022, 08:41:37 AM »
Glad to stand corrected.

Ira

Stephen Pellegrino

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2022, 08:42:10 AM »
The 2nd at TCC. It only plays that way four days every 20 years or so.

On that I'd suggest the Composite 13th hole, which only exists four days every 20 years or so.

Again, this is just not true…

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2022, 08:55:46 AM »
Maybe the 2nd at the Waterfall Club, A par 3 that plays over a waterfall.

Is that in North Georgia? Is it called "The Waterfall Club"?
Waterfall used to be Bent Grass tee to green; Bill Bergin has completed work on the course in the last year or so that included regrassing because a lot of the course just stayed too soft.  The members had a "local rule" among themselves for this hole that if all agreed on where the ball had landed but couldn't find it, it was deemed embedded and the player got a free drop.  The hole plays about NINE clubs less than the distance on the card.  It really is unique.
You may already know this, but the waterfall was created for the course.  There is a retention pond at the top used for the water, and the water is then pumped back up to keep the flow going.  As soon as the last group of the day plays the hole, the waterfall is shut off until the next day.
Nick Saban, btw, is one of the new owners of the club; he's had a house there for many years.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back