News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike H

Club experience
« on: June 19, 2022, 06:15:36 PM »
Which clubs have the best experience that also happen to have a decent course.  I am mainly referring to the club having an active membership, easy to find games, fun, good food, excellent service, good atmosphere etc?

John Kavanaugh

Re: Club experience
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »
Haig Point.

hhuffines

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 06:52:33 PM »
I’d nominate Old Town

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
I was a member at Four Streams for fifteen years. All individual memberships. Could get a game anytime, Steve Smyers course, great caddies, excellent food. It was my favorite place to be a member.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 07:01:51 PM »
Ballyneal. An experience that transcends generations.

DFarron

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 11:25:17 PM »
Cal Club fits that bill

J_ Crisham

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 11:40:17 AM »
Beverly- you feel like you're in Vegas. You lose track of time......

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 01:15:27 PM »
you might want to tell us where?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

SL_Solow

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 01:43:28 PM »
There are many clubs all over the country that would fill the bill.  Which ones work for you is highly personal.  What type of course do you like?  Different people prefer different atmospheres.  I have enjoyed my club for more than 30 years.  It has a classic course which has only been hurt a little by unthinking modifications which we gradually have undone.  It has a smaller clubhouse and an informal vibe while offering tennis, swimming and paddle.  But I won't pretend that it would fit everyone's taste.  That is why when one considers joining a club, they should perform significant due diligence

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back