News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Sherer

OT: Sakonnet Golf Club - superintendent search process
« on: June 15, 2022, 02:33:35 PM »
Hello GCA crew - it's been a while since I've posted here so please forgive my first post in a while as an "OT".  I am green chair and on the search committee for a new superintendent at Sakonnet Golf Club after the sudden and tragic passing of our superintendent.
As many of you may be aware, Sakonnet is an under the radar Ross course in Little Compton, RI.  Little Compton is a seaside community where Ross himself spent summers later in his life.  The club dates back to 1899 and has recently undertaken two new holes along the water by Gil Hanse and a recent bunker renovation of all greenside bunkers. As story goes, the club has only had 5 superintendents in its 123 year history. Talk about job security!  The club is sister clubs with Newport Country Club where members have reciprocal play.

If you or someone you know might be a good fit for this, please see the link below for more information. 

https://www.turfnet.com/jobs/j51683-golf-course-superintendent/

Best
Adam Sherer
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 02:35:55 PM by Adam Sherer »
"Spem successus alit"
 (success nourishes hope)

- Ross clan motto

Mike_Trenham

Re: OT: Sakonnet Golf Club - superintendent search process
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 12:33:12 AM »
Tyler Bloom advised my club in our superintendent search and was a very valuable contributor to the process.  His price was very fair for the value provided.  When Tyler spoke we listened.

He was able to help us process the technical questions and responses better. He also has the contacts to understand at which responsibilities each candidate truly is a leader vs. the other candidates and where each candidate was in their career path and how that did or did not match up for our needs.

While clubs may be finding it hard to find assistant superintendents, I am sure you will find a deep list of candidates.  The problem in the industry is not lack of talent it’s clubs taking advantage of talent young people for too long at totally unreasonably low compensation.

Sakonnet is a special place and should be able to attract a similarly special person to lead your green department.

Sorry for your loss.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 11:59:51 PM »
PM sent.

I would suggest listing the position on GCSAA.org as well.

Also not a bad idea to enlist professional help such as Bloom. Good luck in your search.

Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 01:39:27 PM »
Tyler has an incredible wealth of experience as a superintendent and an assistant before that and is connected to many of the great up and comers in the businesses. You will not be disappointed.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back