News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Martin

Re: Rory/Hovland
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2022, 06:58:20 PM »
Anyone think Rory would benefit from a seasoned caddie vs his friend Harry?

Rob-The question gets bandied about after every major. Diamond was an accomplished player in his junior days winning the prestigious West of Ireland Championship and seems to keep Rory calm and in the moment. Not every player needs the level of involvement of a Jim Mackay and I don’t ever recall there being any sort of row between them out on the course or a situation where Rory got bad advice in a critical situation. I completely understand rooting for a change due to the lack of major victories but I respect Rory’s decision to stick with Harry.

Rob Marshall

Re: Rory/Hovland
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 09:13:06 PM »
Anyone think Rory would benefit from a seasoned caddie vs his friend Harry?

Rob-The question gets bandied about after every major. Diamond was an accomplished player in his junior days winning the prestigious West of Ireland Championship and seems to keep Rory calm and in the moment. Not every player needs the level of involvement of a Jim Mackay and I don’t ever recall there being any sort of row between them out on the course or a situation where Rory got bad advice in a critical situation. I completely understand rooting for a change due to the lack of major victories but I respect Rory’s decision to stick with Harry.

Tim,
Maybe they just don’t show it on camera like they do with other players but you never seem to see them in much discussion. I know Harry’s playing history and I’m a big Rory fan. I’m just wondering if a little more experience would benefit him.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back