News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

The historic Union League of Philadelphia will host the 2022 PGA WORKS Collegiate Championship (PWCC), May 2-4, donating two of its courses for the event – Union League Liberty Hill and The Union League Golf Club at Torresdale.
The PWCC, known as the most culturally significant championship in collegiate golf, features Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) from all over the country. There will be Men’s Division I and Division II team divisions, a Women’s Team division, as well as individuals representing their schools and playing for Men’s and Women’s titles.
Read more:
http://philadelphia.pga.com/2022-pga-works-collegiate-championship-to-be-hosted-by-union-league-of-philadelphia/

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:33:32 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Steve_ Shaffer

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 05:30:46 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Philip Caccamise

Michael Wolf

I attended Day 1&2. Liberty Hill is a brutal walk, and Monday's cold damp weather made for a tough start for some of the competitors. I liked some of the bunkering at Liberty Hill.  I only saw the holes around the clubhouse at Torresdale. Both courses were in better shape than two of the Philly blue bloods I also visited over the past week.

The PGAWorks event seemed well supported by the Union League members and PGA local section. Some of the future sites will be familiar names to anyone who follows PGA Championships.

Great party at the Union League's downtown clubhouse on Saturday night. The band from Miles College was A++.

Michael 

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

I heard that Union League @ Torresdale was going to be restored/renovated soon? They weren't sure who it was... Tyler Rae? Andrew Green? Couldn't find anything via the Search on this site.

And, didn't it recently just go through some work... by Stephen Kay?

Philip Caccamise

I heard that Union League @ Torresdale was going to be restored/renovated soon? They weren't sure who it was... Tyler Rae? Andrew Green? Couldn't find anything via the Search on this site.

I had not heard this but I can find out. Restored to the original Donald Ross?

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

I don't know any other details or rumors... and frankly I think it's just the latter. But am curious if you hear of anything. Thanks!

I had not heard this but I can find out. Restored to the original Donald Ross?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back