News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Worth

OK, who among us in the Northeast "hates" Florida golf now
« on: December 05, 2003, 10:49:55 PM »
I'd take flat and boring over the frozen tundra, anyway  ;D

stovepipe

Re:OK, who among us in the Northeast "hates" Florida golf now
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 11:52:01 PM »
In the Tundra, the Polar bears want to eat your ass  :'(

In Florida, the Gators want to eat what the bears have left behind  :'(

Uuum, i thought this game was supposed to be safe & relaxing.  ???

ps. what do Policemen & Polar Bears have in common??????????????????????????????????  Thay have both got Blue Helmets.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 11:52:41 PM by andy stovepipe. »

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 01:41:25 AM »
I don't know what your talking about. We are having a wonderful cooler evening right now here in SoCal. It's 58 degrees here in La Habra.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 06:41:57 AM »
SS1,

I'm with you.

It's amazing how a change in the weather can affect one's perspective.

frank_D

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 08:21:27 AM »

to be fair i did have a GREAT time at the architech club last saturday in 40 degree 40 MPH sustained winds (really !) - if there is such a thing as a golf polar bear club - well i joined

on the other hand i am looking forward to my tee time today at the Biltmore (donald ross 1925) in Coral Gables after a cuban coffee !

i did suggest to brother ward his position was more sustainable in july and august

ChipRoyce

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 12:47:27 PM »
Its even nicer here in Central Texas- 65 in the shade!

DPL11

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 12:52:45 PM »
SS1

I'm up for flat boring golf right now also. I never had a problem with Fla. golf, since most times when I visit it's doing what it's doing right now in NJ. I'm in for a last minute get away.

DPL11

Matt_Ward

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 01:57:06 PM »
I'm in SoCal and AZ right now -- so enjoy all that wonderful weather back in my "neck of the woods" -- I may never come back! ;D

stovepipe

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 04:08:10 AM »
Stovepipe wants to leave the u.k.

Anyone want a new neighbour? ;D

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 09:26:43 AM »
Speaking of gators...

Last time I played golf voer mear Marco Island, FL, we played a little muni caled Marco Shores that have quite a few of these famous residents in their many water hazards.

At one particular par-4 you have to carry your second shot diagonally across a pond to the green location.  As we approached the green complex, my wife's ball lay close to the water's edge...right near a "baby" aligator checking out the situation..."mommy" was out in the deeper waters about 20 yards out also observing the goings-ons.  Needless to say, my wife had trouble concentrating on her chip-shot and semi-flubbed it and ran up to hit her next shot.

I thought the little bugger to be quite cute myself...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2003, 09:35:12 AM »
Uuum, i thought this game was supposed to be safe & relaxing.  ???

This common  misconception is a perfect defense for any lawsuit filed against an archie. Going back to 1637 and likely earlier too, people have been dying golfing. So, where is it written "safe" and fiorget about relaxing especially during moments of all consuming fear.

scott_wood

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 11:09:21 AM »
this morning, 6.30 am delta 2731 Albany to Atlanta connecting to Savannah, 1.00pm tee time, caddy waiting....
CANCELLED...aarrrggghhhh!!!!... :(.

but they've got me going next Friday, so at least I have something to look forward to ( and I get to miss the office party next Sat ;))

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2003, 04:18:24 PM »
It's downright cold here on Kiawah today...Only reaching in the mid-50s but with bright sunshine.  Tomorrow it will be back to normal, around 60-65 and, once again, sunny.  Now you know why I moved from Michigan (and then moved again from the DC area!) 8)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back