News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

These guys will dance as fast needed to keep the tap flowing. It’s like they are partners now.

John Kavanaugh

Finally a solution that will kill slow play. No appearance fees for anyone who harms the product. Swift justice.

Erik J. Barzeski

Faster play? Give me a break. The first day of LIV was 4:48 for the round. Sixteen three balls on the course. Less than one group a hole. And they were obscenely slow. Slow me the money.
Was coming to say the same thing. Put a 4:00 round limit on the guys and it'd be more compelling.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Kalen Braley

Faster play? Give me a break. The first day of LIV was 4:48 for the round. Sixteen three balls on the course. Less than one group a hole. And they were obscenely slow. Slow me the money.

Not faster play, just much faster time overall to complete field play on any given day.

If those 16 groups teed off in 10 minute intervals on the 1st tee, it'd take 2.5 hours just to get everyone on the course, and then another 4 1/2 hours for the last group to finish...

Ken Moum

Well, I never said faster...I said good pace, and something around 4:30 seems to be comfortable for those guys.

But imagine what 100 pros would do in an 18-hole shotgun.
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Tim_Cronin

Well, I never said faster...I said good pace, and something around 4:30 seems to be comfortable for those guys.

That would never work. Remember, Kevin Na's in the field. If this was racing, he's a moving chicane.

But I could see adding six more players, three on each tee to start. And the total is the magic number for this operation: 54.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Ken Moum

That would never work. Remember, Kevin Na's in the field. If this was racing, he's a moving chicane.

But I could see adding six more players, three on each tee to start. And the total is the magic number for this operation: 54.

IOW...

LIV

😁
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Daryl David

Apparently you all have forgotten about the apartheid regime in South Africa and the divestment movement..

Oh well...The thing is, a capitalist will climb into bed with anyone if there's a nickel to be made.  Henry Ford, old man Kennedy...Phil, DJ, Trump, they don't care who is signing the check.  They all possessed about an ounce moral fortitude.

Well, you can soon include our current president on the list of politicians and business people that have and will continue to engage with the Kingdom. There is no way to draw the line in sand that freezes out the Saudis. We are long past being able to go that direction. Watch in a few weeks for that handshake between Joe and MBS. Will look the same as the one with Trump. Reality always gets in the way of principles.

John Kavanaugh

Reach a deal with the LIV to co exist.
Agree to about an 8 tournament LIV after the Open..as above nothing good after The Open on tour anyway.
Promote those 8 events going world wide to TRULY enhance growing the game.
A win win. Players get paid without this stupid suspension...which just looks petty and childish..avoid Court battles and more questions from the Monopolies commission.

There is NO REASON the two cannot run together, the Tour just needs to quit being the bully in the room, shorten its schedule and allow for the players to get their pay as well.

If they done, I can see prolonged court battles and an increase in players jumping over to the LIV.

Young upcoming talent without a direct route to the tour, will relish the guaranteed income and then the Tour loses its next generation of entertainers.

The Tour will have to make drastic changes long term, IF the LIV lasts any longer that 3/5 years., and they ignore the potential of the LIV

Start giving guaranteed income at all events...minimum of 15 k for missing the cut
Restart the Q school process

STOP being the big bully, which has already killed what used to be a good Australian Tour for example.

I for one am delighted to see the PGA Tour get a taste of what they have been doing to others for decades

MWP called it early!!!

Mike Wagner

Apparently you all have forgotten about the apartheid regime in South Africa and the divestment movement..

Oh well...The thing is, a capitalist will climb into bed with anyone if there's a nickel to be made.  Henry Ford, old man Kennedy...Phil, DJ, Trump, they don't care who is signing the check.  They all possessed about an ounce moral fortitude.

Craig - do you own a phone? A tv? A car?

Daryl David

On point.

Craig - do you own a phone? A tv? A car?

Michael Morandi

This is more a strategy/tactics question than it is a question of right/wrong or an invitation to pass judgment on who has done what here. Whether one agrees or disagrees with the choices various people have made vis a vie the upcoming LIV Golf events, I am curious what the roundtable here thinks about what the PGA TOUR should do next.

The best piece of leverage against the players (to me anyway) seems to be major championship participation and it doesn't look to me like the PGA TOUR is going to get the kind of support from the majors that they might like in this situation.

If you were Commissioner Monahan...what would be your next moves?

I would resign if I were him. He was seemingly blindsided by LIV formation, did not anticipate its success, however limited, in recruiting some top players. And his best shot was to play the 9/11 card, which he has just torn to shreds. Any self respecting public company would have sent him packing for incompetence. CEOs are supposed to anticipate events and provide strategic direction. He failed at both. His failure begs the question: how capable are these other commissioners running monopolies and getting overpaid for the title?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back