News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bruce Katona

Memorial Tournament Luck
« on: June 04, 2022, 10:53:19 AM »
Last year, John Rahm WD's while leading by several strokes after Round 3 due to a positive COVID test, results of which could have been a bit more timely.

On Thursday, past champion Memorial winner and Masters winner Hideki Matsuyama is DQ'ed on Thursday for painted lines on his fairway metal with Whiteout.  I'd read tips about Vaseline/lip balm/sunblock applied to the face of a club to remove spin and make a ball fly straighter and farther, but Whiteout.  I read the DQ Ruling on illegal markings - re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic again.  Who knows why it was in the bag for play, but either the player or the caddie should know better

With 7 pages on DJ and the LIV Tour, with how it might matter to those LIV guys cashing the big checks that they don't earn FedEX Cup points, I had to post this up.

I saw the tweeted shots of Max Homa and John Rahm looking like most of us out there playing - those tweets were a breath of fresh air!   
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 10:54:51 AM by Bruce Katona »

Erik J. Barzeski

Re: Memorial Tournament Luck
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 01:16:00 PM »
I read the DQ Ruling on illegal markings - re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic again.
What does this mean, exactly? Players shouldn't put stuff on the face of their clubs. That's a pretty simple rule, and a good one, don't you think?
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Mike Sweeney

Re: Memorial Tournament Luck
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 06:05:14 PM »

I saw the tweeted shots of Max Homa and John Rahm looking like most of us out there playing - those tweets were a breath of fresh air!

For the record, I made a birdie 4 at the 442 yard Par 5 Indian Island GC today on Long Island - designed by William Smith who destroyed now steller Southampton GC!!

Memorial Talk - Faldo (6 Majors) and Nicklaus (18 Majors) had an absolutely fascinating debate on how to play the Par 3 16th at Memorial today. I don't see a clip of the exchange to post, but Faldo even pulled out Ben Hogan to rally his belief that a cut over the water was THE play.

Nicklaus played it safe, and said to NEVER aim over penalty strokes. Jack is a natural fader, so he is saying to hit opposite your natural shot...golf is awesome. So many ways to play it...

The 16th Hole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lldOAtkIwRo
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back