News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will Thrasher

Golf in the Netherlands
« on: May 22, 2022, 06:02:58 PM »
I have an upcoming business trip to Amsterdam in early June. Royal Hague and De Pan have been on my bucket list for a while. I know typically they only allow visitor play M-Thurs, and unfortunately my only availability is on a weekend (June 11 or 12). Any tips on how to get a tee time?
Twitter: @will_thrasher_

jeffwarne

Re: Golf in the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 06:11:35 PM »
Coming from someone who gets this request frequently,
please take this in the spirit it is intended.
Change your availability.
It's worth it.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Will Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 06:17:50 PM »
It's worth it.

I hear you - trust me, will do the very best I can. If I can only play one, assume Hague is the pick?

Daryl David

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 07:33:25 PM »
It's worth it.

I hear you - trust me, will do the very best I can. If I can only play one, assume Hague is the pick?

I would play De Pan if I only could play one. Make a call. Explain your situation. I bet they will find a member to play with you. They are very accommodating.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 05:26:44 AM »
It's worth it.

I'd choose RH, but really both are very lovely places to play golf and you won't come away from either feeling let down.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 09:55:45 AM »
If you haven't played Kennemer, you should consider it if the other options don't work out for you.

According to Kennemer's website, they do allow play on the weekend, subject to availability.

Michael Pelliccione

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 07:58:20 AM »
I just got back from a trip to AMS and the two courses I played were Royal Hague and De Pan...

Truthfully I can't think of a better two course play that just happens to be the total OPPOSITE in style.

I have to agree with some of these responses.   I would change your dates or try your very best to link up with a member because missing either would be devastating.

I'm really shocked both of these courses don't get much talk.   I know each are on the GM top 100 World but both are grossly underrated IMO.

Good luck!!

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 08:05:53 AM »
I’ll second Kennemer. It is worth the trip all by itself. I played it on a long layover.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Will Lozier

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 09:49:29 AM »
If you haven't played Kennemer, you should consider it if the other options don't work out for you.

According to Kennemer's website, they do allow play on the weekend, subject to availability.

+1!!!!!

Will Thrasher

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 03:57:19 PM »
Appreciate all the tips and recommendations. Currently trying to exhaust all my options :). If anyone has connections and would be willing to make an introduction, I'd greatly appreciate it. This community is truly an amazing place.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back