News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Isn’t it all about the greens for fun viewing?
« on: May 20, 2022, 12:18:40 PM »
Oakmont, Augusta, Riviera, and Southern Hills are examples of fun viewing because of the greens. I love it.
AKA Mayday

Thomas Dai

Re: Isn’t it all about the greens for fun viewing?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 12:25:46 PM »
Yes and no for isn't the outcome of the shot into the green frequently dependent on the position the approach shot was played from and isn't the position the approach shot was played from dependent on the outcome of the tee-shot?
atb

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 12:34:47 PM »
But those longer shots are tough to view. With  chips and putts we see the whole shot.
AKA Mayday

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 01:48:09 PM »
Supposedly, Gil was able to keep all or most of the original contour.  From the bleachers, I thought they had been softened a bit.  When on the ground, it appears that they are full on Perry Maxwell greens!
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 07:56:06 AM »
With increased drone photography and camera guides understanding the nuances of the course, we are better able to see balls running toward the serpentine creeks of Southern Hills.

I suspect that it is trickier to access angles on a course you see once a decade, contrasted with the annual stops on the PGA Tour.

I wonder if the current and future generations of camera guides will be trained equally in handheld and drone-operated. I suspect that the answer is yes.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back