News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

OT most comfortable walking golf shoe
« on: May 14, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »
Does anyone have a suggestion for the most comfortable golfing shoe to walk the course with?

Craig Sweet

Re: OT most comfortable walking golf shoe
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 01:50:12 PM »
This spring I bought a pair of True...Now I own three pair and wear them just about everyday, everywhere. My 70 year old toes and feet are very happy!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 02:10:16 PM »
Big fan of Merrill here.  They hold up great and are super comfy, although they aren't a golf shoe by definition

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 02:20:14 PM »
Adidas Codechaos 21 Primeblue for me. All around comfort-heel, toe box, tongue-is awesome. I bought two more after my initial purchase. The shell feels almost mesh-like so I haven't worn them in any damp/dewy conditions. The color schemes may not be for everyone though.
AMZN offers them at half the price of the adidas website in certain sizes.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 03:23:03 PM »
Not going to say they are better than anything or the best, but I recently got a new pair of ECCO golf shoes as a gift. In addition to the classic all white they are very comfortable and just ordered a 2nd pair to have in case they discontinue the color in the future.
Just saw TGW has them for $130 which is 60 cheaper than Amazon.  Also first YAK leather I have ever had and definitely softer.
ECCO Men's Biom Hybrid 3 Boa Hydromax Water Resistant

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:31:55 PM by Jeff Schley »
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Lou_Duran

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 03:35:26 PM »
I have been wearing Eccos for many years, probably own a dozen pairs currently.  They fit my feet perfectly out-of-the-box and allow me to walk 100+ rounds annually so that I can properly appreciate the architecture (bone for Joe Hancock).  I like the Fred Couples street shoes best (see below for a great price) which are great for playing AND are clubhouse legal even in the UK.

https://www.budgetgolf.com/ecco-le-street-premiere-spikeless-golf-shoes/p?idsku=13001779&CAWELAID=520008760000852705&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=80860141099&CATCI=pla-440833379674&CATARGETID=520008760000713756&CADevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0MfHxN3f9wIVE3xvBB3wMQCrEAQYASABEgJlpvD_BwE

Mike Worth

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 06:08:16 PM »
Ecco is easily the most comfortable shoe I’ve worn

Steve Lapper

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 06:40:16 PM »
Eccos are indeed quite comfortable, but I would add the Gfore MG (soft) line. This offer more heel and arch support than Eccos and feel like slippers on my feet.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Adam G

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 08:50:26 PM »
I just got some Footjoy Hyperflex Boas. Not to everyone's taste looks wise but could not be more comfortable -- it's like wearing socks.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2022, 10:31:40 PM »
Ecco Biom are amazingly comfortable right out of the box. And very waterproof.

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 10:38:30 PM »
Maybe this deserves its own thread, but why are golf shoes in general so completely FUGLY these days?

I mean there isn't a good looking golf shoe on the market. Period.

Foot Joy Superlites for me, old school brown saddle. Of course they don't make them anymore <old man yells at cloud>.
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Doug Bolls

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 10:39:26 PM »
I have a wide foot and find most of the brands do not accommodate anything other than a medium width.  I have had the best luck with New Balance and have been wearing the Breeze model for the past 3-4 years.  Most of their shoes come in EE and 4E widths.
Very comfortable and easy on the feet.

JHoulihan

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 12:03:06 AM »
I agree with Jeff Schley, the Ecco boa shown are my personal favorite. I wore the previous version and both the leather and components are even better.

I recently purchased the True All Day Knit II. They are very comfortable from a weight perspective - very light mesh. The sides are stretchy in nature that hug your feet well. If you are a player who creates high swing speeds and wants to feel the "grip" as you swing these are probably not for you. If you want a lightweight mesh especially when hot out like in AZ summer these may be a great option.

Weekly play  for 6 plus months of the year will continue to be the Ecco option.
Hotter summer temperatures at 100+ and any time I play more than 18 I will choose the True option.

Justin

mike_beene

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 12:12:47 AM »
ECCO and I have dress and casual ECCOs as well. Back when I lobbied in DC would walk a few miles a day between offices, agencies and the capitol and ECCO was a lifesaver

Joe Hancock

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2022, 12:30:17 AM »
Lou,

I found the bone, but all I can think is “man, I wish I had Lou’s memory”……

If I had a new pair of Ecco’s at the Dixie Cup, I’m still wearing those same shoes.

I trust you’re well!
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 05:14:11 AM »
I'm another happy customer of the Ecco boa that Jeff Schley posted. They're extremely comfortable and waterproof. Having said that I have a dozen pairs of golf shoes and there are many very comfortable models  available today. Some of the most comfortable include any other Ecco model, Adidas Adipure and the mesh Puma models which feel light as a feather but aren't good in wet conditions. I used to like Trues, but the newer models have not felt as good to me. The most recent ones I bought ran small. I should have exchanged them for a larger size, but was afraid they'd  be too big

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2022, 07:31:28 AM »
Let's face it they are all comfortable. When I was a kid golf shoes were dress shoes with spikes. I thought they were comfortable.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Sean_A

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2022, 03:58:52 AM »
I can't remember the last time I looked at purchasing a different brand of than Eccos. Very few of shoes are lookers, but that is true throughout all brands. The throwback lightweight (but still heavier than many brands) classic look of a few companies like g fore look good, but guys tell me the shoes don't last long and are not gore tex. If I pay 150 quid for shoes I want gore tex.

I see Ecco have come with a new shoe, Golf Tray. I have an old pair of Eccos, can't remember the style name, which look very similar. Quite plain, but one of the better looking shoes which fits my plain style. However, the price has jumped about 50 quid for this new style!

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Thomas Dai

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2022, 07:58:51 AM »
I miss the sound and stability of metal spikes, especially when there's dew or the ground is damp. Mind watching someone playing in modern day spikeless shoes slip and slide has an element of amusement to it.
I also miss the curtesy metal spikes gave within the game. All players knew metal spikes made a noise so they stopped if a player closeby was hitting a shot. Now with bubble soles and soft spikes it's don't-give-a-damn and walk-on-bye forgetting that both noise and movement nearby is a distraction.

atb

Niall C

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »
I can't remember the last time I looked at purchasing a different brand of than Eccos. Very few of shoes are lookers, but that is true throughout all brands. The throwback lightweight (but still heavier than many brands) classic look of a few companies like g fore look good, but guys tell me the shoes don't last long and are not gore tex. If I pay 150 quid for shoes I want gore tex.

I see Ecco have come with a new shoe, Golf Tray. I have an old pair of Eccos, can't remember the style name, which look very similar. Quite plain, but one of the better looking shoes which fits my plain style. However, the price has jumped about 50 quid for this new style!

Ciao

Get yourself on ebay, you'd be surprised the deals you can find for Ecco shoes.

Niall

Jason Topp

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2022, 10:21:21 AM »
When I wear Ecco's my feet feel fine.  When I wear almost anything else they hurt.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2022, 12:15:29 PM »
I have a wide foot and find most of the brands do not accommodate anything other than a medium width.  I have had the best luck with New Balance and have been wearing the Breeze model for the past 3-4 years.  Most of their shoes come in EE and 4E widths.

Give the Trues a try if you need a wider foot base. My buddies claim I look like I'm wearing "clown shoes," but if it's comfort that you're looking for, it's True all the way...

Joe Zucker

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2022, 02:36:46 PM »

I'll second this.  If you have wide feet, the New Balances are tough to beat.  I've tried Trues and  didn't love them like the NBs I've been wearing for 5-6 years.

PCCraig

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2022, 03:30:29 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the new True Lux?
H.P.S.

JHoulihan

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2022, 09:19:21 PM »
PC Craig,

What exact questions do you have about the True Lux? I have had them about a month with only 2 rounds walked so far.

Justin

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back