News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Muldoon

Re: Compact Site: What type of course would you rather play.
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2022, 12:48:12 PM »
9-hole with reversible routing and good practice facilities.
Atb

Amazing this hasn't picked up more interest?  f

For perhaps 15% more thinking time with design and the same for constructing features, you'd have something unique in the world. That's got to be worth something on marketing/social media/price point?

Rotate routing day by day and less wear and tear on key points helps makes up for the extra maintenance of features. 

If it was half way decent I'd travel a long way to play that course, twice.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Ira Fishman

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2022, 12:48:28 PM »
Doesn't a lot depend on location? If not many other options near by, then there is more flexibility. If there are already several 18 hole options in the area, why not something different? For example, a first rate practice range, practice area, and 12 hole executive with everything lit up for night play. Solid sports bar too.

Ira

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2022, 01:07:33 PM »
Be interesting to see how much the new PopGolf courses catch on...I think its safe to say TopGolf is proven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEFWLhEWH8c

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2022, 11:26:55 AM »
9-hole with reversible routing and good practice facilities.
Atb

Amazing this hasn't picked up more interest?  f

For perhaps 15% more thinking time with design and the same for constructing features, you'd have something unique in the world. That's got to be worth something on marketing/social media/price point?

Rotate routing day by day and less wear and tear on key points helps makes up for the extra maintenance of features. 

If it was half way decent I'd travel a long way to play that course, twice.
Bobby Jones in Atlanta was redesigned a few years ago by Bob Cupp from a crowded 18 hole course into a 9 hole reversible course. If you drive by on any given day you'll see a popular course, but I believe that has more to do with its proximity to town than the quality of the routing.

To me it feels like one 9 was designed first and then Bob tried to figure out how to play that 2nd nine backwards, leading to a lot of concessions and awkward hole placements, At certain locations its hard to tell which fairway or green you are suppose to be playing to, leading to situations where you could be hit into from multiple adjacent holes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back