News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

corey miller

Re: C&C Routing
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »

Any hole that uses a "shuttle" between holes on a daily basis is problematic. 

Kalen Braley

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2022, 12:24:37 PM »

I'm really surprised by this, not that I disagree, it's just that everyone of those walks is just very natural and does not distract from the experiance in the least.

Yea its interesting how our perception works.  It really hit home for me when I measured the green to tee walks at Indian Canyon, where after playing it dozens of times, the inter-hole walks always felt like nothing.  Combined they are over 1100 yards and 5 are 100 yards or longer....even thou 8 are under 50 yards.

Mark_Fine

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2022, 12:51:45 PM »
How the game has changed (even though there are many other of us who don’t like it to change or think that it shouldn’t) ;)

In the beginning the ball is holed and sand is removed from the same hole to use as a tee for the start of the next hole.  Eventually sand is no longer dug out of the same hole and the next teeing area is moved just a tad farther away to start the next hole.  As time passes a formal putting area (a green) is established and the next teeing area is moved just a bit away from that.  Lawyers start playing golf 😊 and one of them suggests the teeing grounds shouldn’t be too close to putting surfaces so they start to move even farther apart.  Next someone decides golf is too much walking so the golf cart is invented and architects realize a short (or long) drive to the next hole is not a big deal (shuttles are also made available for walkers who don’t want to carry or drag their bag a half mile to the next hole). 

What’s next?  Maybe there will be narrated nature hikes between holes or house tours given for courses routed through real estate developments 😊
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 01:40:02 PM by Mark_Fine »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back