News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

Bob McCoy - Step Aside!
« on: February 03, 2023, 06:50:05 AM »
Play the top100 in 100 days?? That’s something but so is Pinehurst's Linda Carrier who is currently hitting a golf ball on all seven continents in seven consecutive days! Oh yeah, while not hitting a golf ball she is also running a 26.2mile marathon on each continent over those seven days!!! That's seven marathons over seven consecutive days....and it's her third time doing it!!  Congrads Linda! We’re rooting for you!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 09:11:26 AM by Ran Morrissett »

John Kavanaugh

Re: Bob McCoy - Step Aside!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 08:01:15 AM »
And I thought the Golfweek Raters trip to Japan was impressive. Please keep these profiles coming.

Niall C

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 08:20:35 AM »
Play the top100 in 100 days?? That’s something but so is Pinehurst's Linda Carrier who is currently hitting a golf ball on all seven continents in seven consecutive days! Oh yeah, while not hitting a golf ball she is also running a 26.2mile marathon on each continent over those seven days!!! That's seven marathons over seven consecutive days....and it's her third time doing it!!  Congrads Linda! We’re rooting for you!!

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 12:07:56 PM »
Amazing person!!!  In addition, Linda works on the maintenance crew at CCNC (really for the fun of it and learning experience), they are members of Pinehurst CC as well as North Berwick, and finally...she has been a type 1 diabetic for decades...beyond amazing...and wonderful folks.

Just recd an update from her husband Eric...she just finished marathon #3 (#1 in Antartica, #2 in South Africa (I think Cape Town), #3 in Perth...#4 will be in Dubai and I forget where they head for Europe /S America/N America

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 12:11:08 PM »
Linda is a great example of the best part of our wonderful game...and playing at different courses...the people you meet are simply da best.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 12:14:57 PM »
Her Go Fundme page contains an excellent bio. https://www.gofundme.com/f/WMC-LindaCarrier

archie_struthers

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 08:20:21 AM »
 8)

Awesome

Sean_A

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 12:59:44 AM »
Linda and Eric are good folks. Completely golf mad. This marathon gig of Linda's is wild. I have been in awe of her for years.

Playing with Linda seriously opened my eyes about the required carry distance of some forward tees.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back