News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

Routing for 2022 Open Championship
« on: May 03, 2022, 09:50:18 PM »
I have heard all kinds of stories about the routing for the Open this year was wondering if there are any routing maps showing where the holes will be played from. 

Bryan Izatt

Re: Routing for 2022 Open Championship
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 10:30:29 PM »

Assuming you're asking about the U.S. Open and not The Open Championship the routing is as below, from the USGA web site at

https://www.usopen.com/2022/articles/2022-course-routing-the-country-club-brookline.html

Adam G

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 12:41:19 PM »
I think Out and In Golf's map does a great job explaining how the course plays.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 06:23:57 PM »
12/11 is called Redan?!

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 10:28:08 PM »
12/11 is called Redan?!

Matt--Redan is apparently French for "fortress" based on my readings.  WE will find our in 6 weeks whether this version is a fortress

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 06:15:25 AM »
12/11 is called Redan?!

Seems odd cause it is definitely not a redan or template. Just a short drop shot hole from a rocky cliff down to a green raised above a wet marshy area.

Bunkers look good though ;) ;D !

MCirba

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 07:42:03 AM »
It's been called "redan" since it's creation, I believe. 

"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 09:25:23 AM »
It's one of my two or three favorite holes on the course, and I'm psyched it's been added back into the composite. It's probably my favorite short par 3 I've played (tough to surpass the 7th at Pebble, but take away the ocean backdrop and I like the Country Club hole better).

Adam G

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
I think it's been called "redan" before the template hole was named "redan" as others have said. It's a great hole. It also looks TOTALLY different after the green expansion, so if you have played it before a few years ago you will be in for a surprise. Watch out for front-left flags. Most of the green slopes to the right but there is a little front left section that slopes front left towards the bunkers. I'm guessing we will see a lot of people go for that pin and spin it off the green. The smart play is to play towards the middle of the green. Will be really fun especially if it is windy because that tee is exposed and tends to play downwind, so will be a 130 yard downhill downwind shot where they need to control spin.

And yes Jaeger whoever redid the bunkers and expanded the green did an excellent job ;)

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 10:23:06 PM »
I must now confess that I was referring to the Open Championship and not the US Open.  The reason is that I heard that were going in quite a few directions in order to lengthen the OC and I wanted to know if that was true.

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 11:37:07 AM »
Though Jerry was referencing The Open, I did find this about TCC:
"This course started the trend of restoring courses to their original style rather than merely remodeling."
A bold statement that I don't recall being debated here.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back