News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Brzezowski

The Open - Thursday
« on: May 02, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
Anyone have a spare grounds ticket they would like to sell? After 48 years of marriage the Mrs. decides this is the event she wants to go to.

Thanks

ed

We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

jeffwarne

Re: The Open - Thursday
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 10:53:27 PM »
Anyone have a spare grounds ticket they would like to sell? After 48 years of marriage the Mrs. decides this is the event she wants to go to.

Thanks

ed

Ed,
If you're a member of the One Club(free).
Check their ticket resale site.(no markup)
I've been monitoring it for several months, and occasionally one pops up, but you gotta be fast.(I've missed several that were up)
I scored two youth and an adult ticket for Thursday last week-10 minutes later there were none.
Open tickets used to be unlimited and never sold out.
Portrush was the first Open that sales were limited and sold out in advance.
1.3 million people entered the lottery this year, and most end up being resold for profit.
They're 420 pounds for Thursday on Stub hub at the moment.

Another reason "growing the game" ain't so great.
I miss the "niche" sport days.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Niall C

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 05:05:38 AM »
I'm not one to slag off the R&A unduly but I've got to think that in making it all ticket that they have made it harder for the core golf fans while presenting a prime opportunity for ticket touts.

Niall

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 01:00:50 PM »
Fingers crossed for bad weather, and a Monday finish .... annually.

jeffwarne

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 10:14:55 PM »
I'm not one to slag off the R&A unduly but I've got to think that in making it all ticket that they have made it harder for the core golf fans while presenting a prime opportunity for ticket touts.

Niall

yep
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back