News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Practice Range Question for the Treehouse
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »
Since we all agree, you have your answer.

;D
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »
One thing you could do is the Full Monty.
Have some covered bays with Trackman units and then on the grass outside have Trackman range .
This is the best of both worlds.
its only $$$$

It so much depends upon your clientele. The younger generation are rapidly becoming shot information dependent in the game improvement, and whilst I dont consider it essential it certainly helps folk who enjoy working on their game.

If the range is more of a warm up area before play, with a more mature generation as its primary revenue source, save the money for a single unit and have booking times for its usage.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:53:42 PM by Michael Wharton-Palmer »

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2022, 03:44:35 PM »
Uggg.
I'd go the other way.
Design a 17 hole course with a creative practice area in the space of that last 560 yard par 5.

By the way, I don't mind hitting off a mat-especially a good one.(Not a single square but an area of artificial turf you can also put tees into.
It's better than hitting off poor, thin or muddy turf.
But many clubs have simply gotten lazy and use the mats most of the time-often because the range is(now) too short and the mats are at the back allowing the most distance room.

But we could do so much better with our practice areas.
Uneven lies,Grass areas for teed drivers with trees, poles or mowing patterns to simulate fairways,
More flags spaced for pitching various distances(to a mere fairway with a flag).

I've always enjoyed a "practice fairway" like some courses in the UK have(Panmure comes to mind)
rather than a perfectly flat constructed tee, a large fairway(or even some rough)area where turf can be rotated constantly and many different shots or lies can be created.
Would equire some management and some common sense but with some imagination and committment  it could be done.

there is nothing in here I would not agree with..

John Nixon

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2022, 04:42:08 PM »
If it's where I think it is, isn't there a public, traditional grass range within a mile or two of the new development? Which also features an ok short game area?

Seems to me most folks buying homes in an upscale development that has its own private course would skew younger and more tech-oriented than the dig it out of the dirt crowd. I've been wrong before.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2022, 04:48:09 PM »
It would seem that by not having a traditional range you cut into your pros income. All my favorite pros have been those ones out on the range teaching the game. No one ever seems to get better but it creates a sense of camaraderie when you see a dude out trying.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2022, 05:33:37 PM »
Jeff, as much as the 17 hole golf course concept might play with this group....

Having a hard time believing this would be acceptable if you was actually going to try to do it and recruit people to join...

jeffwarne

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »
Jeff, as much as the 17 hole golf course concept might play with this group....

Having a hard time believing this would be acceptable if you was actually going to try to do it and recruit people to join...

lower scores and sub 4 hour rounds.
What's not to like? ;) ;D

and don't have to listen to that god awful noise the shot tracers make at some ranges....
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back