News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

New(ish) World Top 100 Golf Course for St Andrews
« on: April 19, 2022, 12:04:24 PM »
The Planning Application has finally landed for the work at the Fairmont to convert the existing two courses into one ‘championship’ course with Mackenzie and Ebert as lead designers.

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=R823KEHFFXN00

I’ve had a quick rustle through the paperwork and it looks like the main changes will be realignments and a good few new holes here and there with the addition of 6 to 8 inches of sand-capping over pretty much all of the new fairways and much of the existing site and a little encroachment into the SSSI for a couple of new tees and greens.
Couldn’t see much about what they’re proposing for the remaining holes and the rest of the site.
Worth a study if you’re interested - and who here isn’t!?
Cheers,
F.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:06:27 PM by Marty Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Ben Stephens

Re: New(ish) World Top 100 Golf Course for St Andrews
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 03:48:12 AM »
Its hard to see how it can be a top 100 golf course from the plans. M+E have a habit of producing the finished article better than the plans so it seems that the design probably evolve on the ground.

Not sure why they have the 18th as it is they may have a reason looking at the plans I would have preferred a longer par 5 hugging around the edge of the cliffs by having the green where the proposed par 3 13th tee is.

Question is why do they have the 1st 2 holes facing South east east which would be in direct sunlight early in the morning. Its one important thing I would avoid as much as I can. Having lived in nearby Dundee for 3 years from memory the sun comes up in that direction most of the year. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back