News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Speith and Pebble Beach
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2022, 11:03:40 AM »
Maybe allow our 8 figure heroes to take chances. Saturday ain’t a NBA third quarter.

Note: The shot doesn’t make strategic sense for people who swing like us. 

David Ober

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2022, 12:05:50 PM »
That shot was scary by Jordan, especially overhead drone which showed he was less than a foot from death. Who knows how your balance gets shifted after hitting a shot, or maybe there is a rock in the ground for his divot and throws him off. Fun to watch, but scary at the same time. IIRC that was the hole where Jordan was bitching at his caddie for a misclub a couple years back. To Grellar's credit he didn't give his boss a shove.

There is zero chance I could have hit that shot. I get pretty severe vertigo when looking over a cliff or out of a high building.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »
Maybe allow our 8 figure heroes to take chances. Saturday ain’t a NBA third quarter.

Note: The shot doesn’t make strategic sense for people who swing like us. 
I think that it has been proven that the great multiple major winners win most tournaments on Saturday. Tiger and Nicklaus to name a couple.

I'm sure that you have hit that shot on 8 from a perfect lie. Add a penalty stroke and double enters the equation.

He made a par that gave him the momentum to put himself in position for a win. A bogey there and he isn’t ever in the mix. A drop would have been a mental retreat.
Don’t let woke culture ruin one of the great shots in golf. You can’t be expected to carry a fence on that shot. The easiest solution is to eliminate the penalty for water hazards. Someone, and I’m sure have in the past, will drown. Or worse yet, fall in a sand trap and have a small kernel of sand go down your shorts. Enough friction and sweat and your ding dong might fall off.

I vote we send him and a large bucket out there to show us how... let the sea lions lick what's left off the rocks.
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2022, 12:36:00 PM »
A fall would make him statue worthy. His career isn’t there yet.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2022, 12:49:16 PM »
I wish 3 had worn a Hans Device but I love him even more because he didn’t.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
We just came off a fantastic Australian Open where the favorite was disqualified for something similar. A personal choice full of subjective danger. I’m glad Spieth took the shot.

JESII

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2022, 01:17:28 PM »

Saturday ain’t a NBA third quarter.

What does this mean John?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2022, 01:23:26 PM »
It means that during the regular season players rest their legs in the third quarter. Or maybe I was wrong. They are emulating Nicklaus and playing just hard enough to be in a position to win. My apologies.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2022, 02:32:24 PM »

There was literally nothing for him to gain by taking that stroke

Sure there was: increased odds of a birdie or par, decreased odds of a bogey or higher.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread on this topic, but here in Utah this guy apparently had no clue what he was messing with.  Very lucky!  Its been a record snow pack this year and the high elevation stuff has just started to melt...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/utah-golf-course-sinkhole-video-tik-tok

Craig Sweet

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2023, 08:38:51 PM »
Reminds me of a busted 6" main
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back