News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cal Seifert

Re: Informal Survey on New GCA: Update-Responses and Personal Attacks
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2022, 09:07:35 PM »
Sorry for the thread bump.

One other thing I noticed on the new interface is that the 147 custodians page is practically unreadable on mobile devices.  The descriptions have no formatting and the column they are within requires constant sideways scrolling to read. Perhaps a link at the bottom of the site to view the site as the web version would help?

Erik J. Barzeski

Re: Informal Survey on New GCA Interface: Update-Responses Included
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2022, 08:21:34 AM »
I'd suggest that folks write to other discussion group owners and ask how/why they do or don't store images on site.
Other forums do store images. Including mine. For decades now.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Garland Bayley

Re: Informal Survey on New GCA Interface: Update-Responses Included
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2022, 04:12:57 PM »
Even though internet software strips down photos to be viewable but not super-printable, they still take up space. I can promise that Ran's server bills would go through the roof if images were stored and not linked. Just not feasible for a site that relies on voluntary donations.

Ron,

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but storage space is cheaper than ever...and a ton of it.  Just a couple of annual donations on this site, could completely cover...and then some...an absurd amount of jpegs which don't take up much space relative to other formats like video.  Its stupid simple to do, in addition to being super cheap.  And the functionality already exists in this forum software, just needs to be configured and turned on.

Now if Ran doesn't want to do it for whatever reason, so be it, its his site...but cost is certainly not the deterrent.

Hey Kalen,

Why don't you drop Ran a note saying you would be willing to administer it since you are knowledgeable and probably with skills to do it remotely.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mark Mammel

Re: Informal Survey on New GCA: Update-Responses and Personal Attacks
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2022, 06:30:29 PM »
I see really only two main differences:
1. Now everyone is a "Newbie"- no YabbGods, senior members, etc
2. Error message at the end of ecah thread.
Hope it wasn't an expensive update!
So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back