News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Tarbat Golf Club - now named Portmahomack Golf Club
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2023, 10:23:34 PM »
Jon Wigget tells me that they have changed names. So now my golf hat advertises the club by the obsolete name Tarbat Golf Club.
 :(
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Niall C

Re: Tarbat Golf Club - now named Portmahomack Golf Club
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2023, 09:47:58 AM »
Garland

Why the unhappy face ? You now have a collectors item !It happened with me with Southern Gailes which changed it's name (and ownership) to Dundonald.

Niall

Garland Bayley

Re: Portmahomack aka Tarbat Golf Club - Eric Terhorst revisits
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2023, 04:38:39 PM »
Eric Terhorst tells me he is a repeat offender at Tarbat. ;) He returned there this year after having been there in 2009. He may becoming an addict as he hopes to head back in 2024.

He sent along some pictures, which I am now guessing are from 2009 instead of 2023 as I first surmised.

I have incorporated the pictures into the thread.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Eric_Terhorst

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2023, 05:26:50 PM »
Garland, thanks for including my comments and pics in your excellent review of Tarbat, what a great place!

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression--I'm hoping to get back there in 2024, did not make it to Scotland this year.  My contribution to the thread is all based on my 2009 visit.  Fingers crossed for a return visit.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2023, 12:24:29 AM »
In a recent post, Niall is adding Tarbat to the list of Scotland's best 9 holers.

I have another two to add to the list but first I had a revisit to Tarbat (Portmohomack) which I previously only walked. I was lucky enough to play it during the summer with a couple of GCA friends and it was as much fun as I imagined it would be. A complete antidote to the Championship courses with big green fees, welcome packs and a starter on the first tee. At Tarbat you just put your greenfee in the honesty box, tee it up and a way you go.

Niall C

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2023, 11:16:20 AM »
Garland

Thanks for noticing.  ;D

Niall

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back